glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Keep stabbing away lads and lasses someone will hit the jackpot eventually

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I didn't quote it because that site is usually full of absolute nonsense. But if anyone is interested, here is what it says:

Gus Poyet Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion was suspended over talks with Jose Mourinho to become Assistant Manager/Manager in waiting at Chelsea FC. Roman Abramovich has masterminded this plan as he looks for some stability in the future.

In an ironic twist it also seems that Roberto di Matteo looks set to take over from Gus at Brighton after a website reveal shows Roberto as manager.

Tony Bloom and Brighton and Hove Albion will recieve the compensation from Gus' Contract, but part of the deal will see promising young talent of Marko Marin and Gael Kakuta go out on loan to BHA.

That's hilarious. Every single bit of it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
FACT. Poyet didn't want to speak to Reading, had no intentions of doing so, and had no contact.
FACT. Tanno said 'no offence, but it was Reading.'
FACT. Oatway said even he couldn't get hold of Poyet in Barbados, so no idea how Reading would have.

Poyet had no intention of going to Reading. Whether the club accepted a compensation package allowing Poyet to potentially speak to them on the other hand...

Why say fact. I can tell you Poyet did speak to Reading and offered him twice the player budget that we were offering (24m is what I was told). The club were expecting him to go and were surprised when he turned them down.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
You didnt mention all of it, assistant now manager in waiting for when The Special One leaves, which would be a major factor in any decision he made but I dont believe it as why put his house up for sale. I believe that he had earmarked either Newcastle or possibly Malaga as a future opening or him.

Or maybe he just wants to move house to something bigger/better location!

No can't be that it doesn't fit in with any of the conspiracy theories.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No-one has yet raised the question of Paul Barber's position if Gus stays.

Maybe Gus has to stay in the West and North stands and Barber in the East and South ? Although that might scare the kiddies !

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
No-one has yet raised the question of Paul Barber's position if Gus stays.

Does it matter? If goes then so be it, he will be far easier to replace than Gus.

Perhaps we should get someone with experience of German football on board as they seem pretty good at running clubs without making huge losses.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Whilst its very frustrating as a fan not knowing what's going on. Until I read something on the official website, or even on the Argus site - everything on here has to be considered fiction

I took you seriously until til you said you will wait to read the Argus site...they get ALL of their stories from here!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Whilst its very frustrating as a fan not knowing what's going on. Until I read something on the official website, or even on the Argus site - everything on here has to be considered fiction

Pretty certain not everything - all angles bar the alien abduction one has been discussed and someone will be right!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A manager that doesn't want to be here but is in contract so can't leave.

A chairman that doesn't want the manager anymore but can't end his contract without compensation as he hasn't done anything serious enough for dismissal.

End result = everyone is snookered and has no alternative but to begrudgingly agree to continue until a club comes in for Gus who is prepared to buy him out of his contract.

BHAFC limps on until this happens.

Why anyone would want this scenario to happen is beyond me but IMO this is what is most likely.

I thought you were describing the Real Madrid situation with Mourinho there for the first couple of lines ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here