Clear The Air Meeting Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do we really know that's spoke to Reading? I thought Charlie said it didn't happen, and wasn't Gus in Barbados at the time?

Tanno also said, no disrespect but it was only Reading. It's still on Seagulls Player for those that care to check it out.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It could be a deliberate leak. Get it leaked on here so it's debated for a couple days and people are used to the idea by the time it's officially announced.

All you have to do is pick someone you know will blab, and bingo.

:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Given that he's only suspended, would Gus be allowed to even apply? Gus is still under contract, so surely would need permission to talk to Stoke (or whoever else)?

Yes, it would certainly muddy the already muddy waters. I'm just shocked that Mark Hughes would ever be employed by a football club again !

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
A manager that doesn't want to be here but is in contract so can't leave.

A chairman that doesn't want the manager anymore but can't end his contract without compensation as he hasn't done anything serious enough for dismissal.

End result = everyone is snookered and has no alternative but to begrudgingly agree to continue until a club comes in for Gus who is prepared to buy him out of his contract.

BHAFC limps on until this happens.

Why anyone would want this scenario to happen is beyond me but IMO this is what is most likely.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I usually find that when posters resort to being rude to others, it's because they're losing the argument.

Or they're just bored with getting stick for revealing what they know...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
A manager that doesn't want to be here but is in contract so can't leave.

A chairman that doesn't want the manager anymore but can't end his contract without compensation as he hasn't done anything serious enough for dismissal.

End result = everyone is snookered and has no alternative but to begrudgingly agree to continue until a club comes in for Gus who is prepared to buy him out of his contract.

BHAFC limps on until this happens.

Why anyone would want this scenario to happen is beyond me but IMO this is what is most likely.

It appears that he has, the retained list is a major part of his duties. IF he, then The Argie, then Oatway all refused to address it, they will have breached their contracts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How reliable is this twitter feed then?

Hopefully the OP is telling the truth, imo this would be the ideal scenario, but have a feeling it is a little too good to be true.

Time will tell.

I've just read another thread quoting this tweet and apparently it is quite unreliable.
Sorry.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You didnt mention all of it, assistant now manager in waiting for when The Special One leaves, which would be a major factor in any decision he made but I dont believe it as why put his house up for sale. I believe that he had earmarked either Newcastle or possibly Malaga as a future opening or him.

I didn't quote it because that site is usually full of absolute nonsense. But if anyone is interested, here is what it says:

Gus Poyet Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion was suspended over talks with Jose Mourinho to become Assistant Manager/Manager in waiting at Chelsea FC. Roman Abramovich has masterminded this plan as he looks for some stability in the future.

In an ironic twist it also seems that Roberto di Matteo looks set to take over from Gus at Brighton after a website reveal shows Roberto as manager.

Tony Bloom and Brighton and Hove Albion will recieve the compensation from Gus' Contract, but part of the deal will see promising young talent of Marko Marin and Gael Kakuta go out on loan to BHA.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There's a post on the Football Rumours site (today's 'big reveal' apparently) that Gus was suspended for having talks with Chelsea about becoming Mourinho's assistant. Why would he want to be an assistant anywhere?

Poyet would be assistant Pan Sniffer, if it meant being anywhere near Stamford Bridge.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It appears that he has, the retained list is a major part of his duties. IF he, then The Argie, then Oatway all refused to address it, they will have breached their contracts.

If that was the case he would have been sacked. He wasn't, he was suspended, so presumably not considered serious enough for breach of contract.

I didn't quote it because that site is usually full of absolute nonsense. But if anyone is interested, here is what it says:

Gus Poyet Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion was suspended over talks with Jose Mourinho to become Assistant Manager/Manager in waiting at Chelsea FC. Roman Abramovich has masterminded this plan as he looks for some stability in the future.

In an ironic twist it also seems that Roberto di Matteo looks set to take over from Gus at Brighton after a website reveal shows Roberto as manager.

Tony Bloom and Brighton and Hove Albion will recieve the compensation from Gus' Contract, but part of the deal will see promising young talent of Marko Marin and Gael Kakuta go out on loan to BHA.

I think whoever came up with that lot has either taken far more drugs than is healthy, is a comic genius, or possibly both.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Now that would be an excellent conclusion to the situation.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath

Of all the c**p I have read on here in the last 2 weeks this actually seems possible!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Treating this from a business angle rather than as Planet Football; returning is entirely possible. A proper airing of grievances, appropriately made apologies (so quite possibly not in the open depending on what lead to the issue in the first place) and a promise to change (e.g. shut up about managing other clubs / Suarez / the budget / whatever cause the issue) have often seen people back in a job after a suspension. Albeit not often staying there for long!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Just a thought - but why on earth would TB tell all this to your work colleague, especially as some people are suspended pending an investigation and everyone has obviously been told to keep schtum until some kind of resolution is reached? Do you really think he would be discussing this in detail with anyone apart the other parties involved and his lawyers?
TB isn't the only member of the Bloom family. Not all of them are masters of discretion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports