Clear The Air Meeting Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Clearly not true. Plenty of people broken club news before official or media channels announced down the years.

OK on the VERY odd occasion people have been right BUT they have usually posted very specific facts - i.e. x has been signed.

Let's take B.W.'s post "I can tell you Gus' repeated ill-advised budget comments were definitely NOT made with Tony's blessing." - well yes, anyone with even a passing interest in the club could have posted that - it's bloody obvious. I can't imagine Gus going to TB's office and saying "You know what Tone, I plan to make comments suggesting you're not giving me a big enough budget next season." and TB going "Gus me old mucker, that's fine, go ahead." !!!!!!

Instead all these people claiming to be in the know about this situation make statements that are as obvious as the sun is on a sunny day. That's not being in the know - it's trying to make out you're in the know when quite clearly you're not !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have ALWAYS said Gus is a brilliant manager, but he has problems with his H U G E ego and mouth.
I have some limited info about Tony's deteriorating relationship with Gus, and I have shared snippets in the past, only to be shot down by deluded clowns who know nothing, and I've subsequently been proved right. I'm sharing again, and will NOT shut-up, whether you like to hear it or not.
I take NO PLEASURE whatsoever in Gus' imminent departure, but he HAS to go for the benefit of the club. This may not benefit Gus, but so what? He has put the final nail in his own coffin. Idiot.

I always thought that was the managers job to have all the mouth about the club, big it up support the team and even the fans and if that is the only criteria you have then Worzel is for the chop very soon and many other managers we and other clubs have had in the past
IMMINENT DEPARTURE you say say so you definitely know he is on his way then.
OK Bozzer you might just as well close NSC down and we will now get all info from B.W

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I beg your pardon, do you actually own a pair of eyes :)

View attachment 43268

The girl is saucier that the O.P's sauce

For fark's ache, even you'd look sexy with some electrical tape wound round your bits and bobs Roland.

Anyway, moving on...

Cameron+Diaz+Actress+Now+Old+Before+After+Young+Plastic+Surgery+Face+Skin+Ugly+Acne+Mess+No+Make.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm .... OK. Strange that not a single person "in the know" EVER manages to post anything solid that becomes fact. All their statements are vague and non-committal mainly because they're talking shite.

I posted re Vicente / Gus / Bloom, and was subsequently proved right. We'll see on this one, but I suggest you not put too much hope behind what the OP said.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I have some clue. Let's leave it at that Commander. BTW you only have to listen to Gus' post-Palace rant, or many of his earlier ill-informed efforts at going public to know why he has blown it with Tony.

So do I. And you're largely wrong.

And just to prove my point, at least one of you must be talking bollocks !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I posted re Vicente / Gus / Bloom, and was subsequently proved right. We'll see on this one, but I suggest you not put too much hope behind what the OP said.

Care to direct me to your post regards this ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK on the VERY odd occasion people have been right BUT they have usually posted very specific facts - i.e. x has been signed.

Let's take B.W.'s post "I can tell you Gus' repeated ill-advised budget comments were definitely NOT made with Tony's blessing." - well yes, anyone with even a passing interest in the club could have posted that - it's bloody obvious. I can't imagine Gus going to TB's office and saying "You know what Tone, I plan to make comments suggesting you're not giving me a big enough budget next season." and TB going "Gus me old mucker, that's fine, go ahead." !!!!!!

Instead all these people claiming to be in the know about this situation make statements that are as obvious as the sun is on a sunny day. That's not being in the know - it's trying to make out you're in the know when quite clearly you're not !

I was responding to someone else saying that perhaps Gus' budget comments were blessed by Tony. Poor example.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I don't know anything but saw this on Twitter about 5 hours ago.

Football insider ‏@Leaguecontacts 5h
Hearing Gus #Poyet is likely to remain as Brighton manager and is keen to do a radio interview to apologise to fans #BAHAFC #BHAFC

Interesting, Oh bloody hell, i dont know what to think anymore, I've got no reliable contacts on the matter and for feck sake i can't even rely on my own brain to come up to a sort of conclusion on the matter. I'll just sit here and rock gently in my chair till this is all sorted.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I always thought that was the managers job to have all the mouth about the club, big it up support the team and even the fans and if that is the only criteria you have then Worzel is for the chop very soon and many other managers we and other clubs have had in the past
IMMINENT DEPARTURE you say say so you definitely know he is on his way then.
OK Bozzer you might just as well close NSC down and we will now get all info from B.W

That is my understanding, yes. We'll see.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I was responding to someone else saying that perhaps Gus' budget comments were blessed by Tony. Poor example.

It's not a poor example - you stated quite categorically that Gus' comments were NOT with Tony's blessing - i.e. you're in the know. A statement more like "I doubt Gus' comments were made with Tony's blessing" would be an opinion while you've made your statement as fact.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So in the red corner we have Commander, and in the blue corner, B.W. Both claim to have inside knowledge, yet disagree. Only one way to decide.......FIGHT!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Care to direct me to your post regards this ?

Posts - many of them. Look up Vicente, I'm sure you'll enjoy wading through the multiple pages on the subject.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I don't know anything but saw this on Twitter about 5 hours ago.

Football insider ‏@Leaguecontacts 5h
Hearing Gus #Poyet is likely to remain as Brighton manager and is keen to do a radio interview to apologise to fans #BAHAFC #BHAFC

How reliable is this twitter feed then?

Hopefully the OP is telling the truth, imo this would be the ideal scenario, but have a feeling it is a little too good to be true.

Time will tell.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But didn't Gus speak to Reading? If I didn't want away or at least be considering it I'd have turned such opportunity down. It's not as if football managers go along for the interview practice as we all do on occasion!

Do we really know that's spoke to Reading? I thought Charlie said it didn't happen, and wasn't Gus in Barbados at the time?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ok I've been thinking about this.

I'd Poyet goes then onwards and upwards. He was in charge of the club during one of our most memorable times and in the future we will look back on his tenure with pride and a bit of regret that he couldn't finish the job. However as a fare paying customer I would embrace whoever took over from him.

If he stayed I would be equally pleased because of the reasons I gave above. The Blackpool game was the most complete performance I have ever seen from a Brighton team and I will remember that and the 3-0 v Palace for a long long time. Do I want more of that? Yes of course and any fan would be mad to say otherwise.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Looking increasingly likely that Gus is staying :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Up yours anti-Gus brigade, the legend that is Gus Poyet could be here to stay afterall - Climb back on this bandwagon lads, because your current one reeks of shite!

Eagerly anticipating all the U-turns and retracted words if it happens :lolol:

Christ, more bollogs for Palace to throw back in our faces. Why supply the ammunition? Aren't Cameron Diaz's tits enough?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do we really know that's spoke to Reading? I thought Charlie said it didn't happen, and wasn't Gus in Barbados at the time?

FACT. Poyet didn't want to speak to Reading, had no intentions of doing so, and had no contact.
FACT. Tanno said 'no offence, but it was Reading.'
FACT. Oatway said even he couldn't get hold of Poyet in Barbados, so no idea how Reading would have.

Poyet had no intention of going to Reading. Whether the club accepted a compensation package allowing Poyet to potentially speak to them on the other hand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports