Clear The Air Meeting Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But didn't Gus speak to Reading? If I didn't want away or at least be considering it I'd have turned such opportunity down. It's not as if football managers go along for the interview practice as we all do on occasion!

did he actually speak to Reading then I must have missed that

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
According to a work colleague who has business connections with the Bloom family....

Huge fall out between Barber and Gus, Bloom stuck in the middle, clear the air talks being held yesterday and today, Gus reigned in on a few things and review of playing budget has taken place, extended contract for Gus and his staff with a personal apology to follow with regards to his post Palace comments and subsequent e mail sent to senior management within the club. (The basis of his suspension)

Not spreading bullshit, just passing on what I was told today by someone who I trust, take it or leave it.

Can't believe it and I sincerely hope this is not true.
Time for Poyet to go and for the club to make a fresh start,for all the reasons right thinking posters have stated so many times.
If he stayed,it would all end in tears sooner or later.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just read this thread.

It seems to me that in any well run organisation (and yes, I still think this probably applies to BHAFC), anyone internal to the organisation who is really "in the know" about the relationships between chairman, CEO and other staff, and who really understands what's happening in a disciplinary case or contract negotiation, would keep it to themselves rather than pass it on to some t**t that they happen to be acquainted with, in order for the latter to be able to strut their stuff on some internet message board. Even if they had picked up some gossip, and were tempted to blab, they'd be constrained by the knowledge that they would themselves be liable to disciplinary action when the leak became known.

Similarly anyone who is external to the organisation and who really is a personal mate of Bloom, and with whom Bloom has discussed it privately, wouldn't pass on information on material like this which might find its way into the hands of keyboard warriors, and expect to remain Bloom's mate. Bloom would be mad at the best of times to let uncontrolled information on these kinds of negotiations seep out of the organisation, and he'd be doubly mad to do so now.

So I conclude that this entire thread should be taken with a pinch of salt, especially the posts by those claiming to be "in the know".

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
She REALLY isn't all that. Why do people rave about that woman? Even Iain Dowie could get her into bed, so I'm sure you're more than capable, although you'd probably have to relocate to West Hollywood in order to achieve your very achievable ambition.

I beg your pardon, do you actually own a pair of eyes :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369846985.770034.jpg

The girl is saucier that the O.P's sauce

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Seeing as I genuinely don't know for any certainty what has gone on behind the scenes (like everyone else) I'm still holding off the witch hunt.

Therefore, in my view, if Tony and co are happy to still retain his services ad work with him then that's good enough for me. I don't have to work with him so that side has no relevance to me as a fan of our 11 blokes wearing the stripes. I can only base my opinion of him on his ability of a football manager. Bottom of league one to 4th in the championship provides me with suitable evidence to believe he is good at his job (especially his first managerial job)

If he goes we move on. I he stays then that's great for our football which is, fundamentally, the whole point.

Wise words Mr Riskit :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just read this thread.

It seems to me that in any well run organisation (and yes, I still think this probably applies to BHAFC), anyone internal to the organisation who is really "in the know" about the relationships between chairman, CEO and other staff, and who really understands what's happening in a disciplinary case or contract negotiation, would keep it to themselves rather than pass it on to some t**t that they happen to be acquainted with, in order for the latter to be able to strut their stuff on some internet message board. Even if they had picked up some gossip, and were tempted to blab, they'd be constrained by the knowledge that they would themselves be liable to disciplinary action when the leak became known.

Similarly anyone who is external to the organisation and who really is a personal mate of Bloom, and with whom Bloom has discussed it privately, wouldn't pass on information on material like this which might find its way into the hands of keyboard warriors, and expect to remain Bloom's mate. Bloom would be mad at the best of times to let uncontrolled information on these kinds of negotiations seep out of the organisation, and he'd be doubly mad to do so now.

So I conclude that this entire thread should be taken with a pinch of salt, especially the posts by those claiming to be "in the know".

best post on the thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She REALLY isn't all that. Why do people rave about that woman?
Ok, there's been a lot of nonsense posted on NSC in the last couple of weeks, but you've taken it too far.

Seeing as I genuinely don't know for any certainty what has gone on behind the scenes (like everyone else) I'm still holding off the witch hunt.

Therefore, in my view, if Tony and co are happy to still retain his services ad work with him then that's good enough for me. I don't have to work with him so that side has no relevance to me as a fan of our 11 blokes wearing the stripes. I can only base my opinion of him on his ability of a football manager. Bottom of league one to 4th in the championship provides me with suitable evidence to believe he is good at his job (especially his first managerial job)

If he goes we move on. I he stays then that's great for our football which is, fundamentally, the whole point.
Exactly.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Just read this thread.

Hmmmm very good point well made, I almost feel foolish now for contributing to it, well, apart from the Cameron Diaz bit.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am desperately sad it has all come to this.I met Gus a couple of times and found him an immensely likeable bloke,he has been great for the club but,equally the club has been great for him.It would be nice to think that everyone concerned could kiss and make up and everything in the Amex be rosy,but I think this has gone too far and Gus' position has become untenable.What matters most is Brighton and Hove Albion,we have a great future ahead of us and need to move on now as quickly as possible.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just read this thread.

Not true. I was told of Tanno and Charlie's suspension several hours before news broke on NSC and Sky by someone who knew a player. And they obviously knew a while before I did. So obviously news can gets out and whilst there's a lot of bull on NSC there's often a fair bit of truth at times, just people get slated either way. Also don't agree re: facing disciplinary charges. It's been 2 weeks since Poogate and no one knows who did it it seems. I cannot see someone being sacked for this incident staying out of the nationals let alone the Argus. So I'm sure we'd know if they found a culprit and action was being taken. Would appear got away with it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not 'suddenly'...

Hmmm .... OK. Strange that not a single person "in the know" EVER manages to post anything solid that becomes fact. All their statements are vague and non-committal mainly because they're talking shite.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
yes OK we get the idea you don't like Gus
it does occur to me that it might be both have come to the conclusion that
a) tony won't find someone that will take the team we have even with a few additions any further
b) maybe other managers don't want to be hemmed in by restrictions that will be made
c) and maybe also that Gus has realised that he got that close to his goal that he might just might want another tilt at it

I really do get sick of people saying with some authority that Gus wanted away I watched all the interviews and yes OK he might have come close to pushing a few buttons but does anyone actually know what has been said before after or during that last match because if you do then say now otherwise
:shutup:
I like Tony, I like Gus
anyone else means diddly squat to me as they should have nothing to do with the picking,buying,borrowing or anything else to do with the team other than maybe saying whether they are affordable
and if you want some advice bin the clackers they make the place look like the main square in capital North Korea

I have ALWAYS said Gus is a brilliant manager, but he has problems with his H U G E ego and mouth.
I have some limited info about Tony's deteriorating relationship with Gus, and I have shared snippets in the past, only to be shot down by deluded clowns who know nothing, and I've subsequently been proved right. I'm sharing again, and will NOT shut-up, whether you like to hear it or not.
I take NO PLEASURE whatsoever in Gus' imminent departure, but he HAS to go for the benefit of the club. This may not benefit Gus, but so what? He has put the final nail in his own coffin. Idiot.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hmmm .... OK. Strange that not a single person "in the know" EVER manages to post anything solid that becomes fact. All their statements are vague and non-committal mainly because they're talking shite.

Clearly not true. Plenty of people broken club news before official or media channels announced down the years.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Given that he's only suspended, would Gus be allowed to even apply? Gus is still under contract, so surely would need permission to talk to Stoke (or whoever else)?

Good point, but...

For the benefit of our club AND Gus, believe me he WOULD be given permission to talk with ANY interested club. There isn't one of sufficient standing (in Gus' mind).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have some clue. Let's leave it at that Commander. BTW you only have to listen to Gus' post-Palace rant, or many of his earlier ill-informed efforts at going public to know why he has blown it with Tony.

So do I. And you're largely wrong.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
and so, with that in mind, if tb makes the decision to keep gus and clear the air, you will support gus and the team 100% - yes?

100% yes, but he won't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know anything but saw this on Twitter about 5 hours ago.

Football insider ‏@Leaguecontacts 5h
Hearing Gus #Poyet is likely to remain as Brighton manager and is keen to do a radio interview to apologise to fans #BAHAFC #BHAFC

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wonder why the meeting was held in London and not the Amex(yes I know Bloom has offices in London) but maybe it was held there, away from prying eyes. So someone else, who maybe in the London area could attend???....I mean there must be scores of people employed at the Amex, not forgetting the casual traffic around the place. Must be quite difficult to keep a secret from getting out down there......Where as in the hustle bustle of London, things past people by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports