Clear The Air Meeting Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to a work colleague who has business connections with the Bloom family....

Huge fall out between Barber and Gus, Bloom stuck in the middle, clear the air talks being held yesterday and today, Gus reigned in on a few things and review of playing budget has taken place, extended contract for Gus and his staff with a personal apology to follow with regards to his post Palace comments and subsequent e mail sent to senior management within the club. (The basis of his suspension)

Not spreading bullshit, just passing on what I was told today by someone who I trust, take it or leave it.

Just a thought - but why on earth would TB tell all this to your work colleague, especially as some people are suspended pending an investigation and everyone has obviously been told to keep schtum until some kind of resolution is reached? Do you really think he would be discussing this in detail with anyone apart the other parties involved and his lawyers?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Had he? What is it that he's done then, clearly you have inside info.

Or are you just guessing and speculating like everybody else?

I salute your cause Commander. I've seen you post pretty much an identical response in numerous threads. The hyperbole cannot and will not be stopped, it would seem.

Edit. I believe the o.p brings us this news in good faith.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I could see Gus staying on a reworked contract and probably leaving in the New Year when everything has settled. We need someone in place soon and if it's Gus then I'll support him. If TB had someone else lined up I think he would be appointed by now.

There are legal processes to go through. An itchy trigger-finger would be VERY costly.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
me personally, I think it would be massively backwards step to reconcile on any terms - Gus has done his best and that will always be appreciated and respected, but staying now is only delaying the inevitable and I want a manager in for whole of next season (and beyond) who is 100% committed to the club properly, and not just until a better offer comes along. Once the basic (blind) trust is broken, patching it up will only be a short term solution. If he stays I will of course back 100% but for me it will be the wrong decision for the wrong reasons and we will regret it next season at some point.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
LoL! Spicy... not sure I can say that!

I mean this:
sauce_spicy.jpg
Rather than this:
spicy.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I salute your cause Commander. I've seen you post pretty much an identical response in numerous threads. The hyperbole cannot and will not be stopped, it would seem.

Name same hyperbole.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just a thought - but why on earth would TB tell all this to your work colleague, especially as some people are suspended pending an investigation and everyone has obviously been told to keep schtum until some kind of resolution is reached? Do you really think he would be discussing this in detail with anyone apart the other parties involved and his lawyers?

Just to clarify this hasn't come from TB, you will note I never said that, I said it comes from a colleague who has connections with the Bloom family.

I'm just passing on what I've been told, like I say take it how you want.

I have no reason to doubt my colleague but I have no evidence to support his claims either.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
me personally, I think it would be massively backwards step to reconcile on any terms - Gus has done his best and that will always be appreciated and respected, but staying now is only delaying the inevitable and I want a manager in for whole of next season (and beyond) who is 100% committed to the club properly, and not just until a better offer comes along. Once the basic (blind) trust is broken, patching it up will only be a short term solution. If he stays I will of course back 100% but for me it will be the wrong decision for the wrong reasons and we will regret it next season at some point.

Spot on.

And with Tony in charge, you needn't worry. He will make the right decision FOR THE CLUB, and NOT for Gus.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just to clarify this hasn't come from TB, you will note I never said that, I said it comes from a colleague who has connections with the Bloom family.

I'm just passing on what I've been told, like I say take it how you want.

I have no reason to doubt my colleague but I have no evidence to support his claims either.

Fair enough, it does seem highly unlikely though - given the lack of any leaks of any kind so far - that this information would come from the Bloom family.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're self-delusion is heart-warming, but... wake up! Gus has gone far too far with his latest outburst and unwillingness to do his job. BTW, with the resources made available to him, Gus met (not exceeded) expectations by taking the Albion to the playoffs. We can and will appoint someone of equal or higher calibre.

Also, you've probably noted Gus stock is not exactly high with those Prem clubs who have vacancies at present. You significantly overestimate where he stands in the managerial job market.

Very true, it's amazing to see that Mark Hughes is going to get the Stoke job. I know it's probably not Gus's type of job but to appoint Hughes.... wow

D

Deleted member 2719

Poyet can do one, he is far to gobby and will never learn.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Poyet out and we need a new manager ASAP

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You're self-delusion is heart-warming, but... wake up! Gus has gone far too far with his latest outburst and unwillingness to do his job. BTW, with the resources made available to him, Gus met (not exceeded) expectations by taking the Albion to the playoffs. We can and will appoint someone of equal or higher calibre.

Also, you've probably noted Gus stock is not exactly high with those Prem clubs who have vacancies at present. You significantly overestimate where he stands in the managerial job market.

yes OK we get the idea you don't like Gus
it does occur to me that it might be both have come to the conclusion that
a) tony won't find someone that will take the team we have even with a few additions any further
b) maybe other managers don't want to be hemmed in by restrictions that will be made
c) and maybe also that Gus has realised that he got that close to his goal that he might just might want another tilt at it

I really do get sick of people saying with some authority that Gus wanted away I watched all the interviews and yes OK he might have come close to pushing a few buttons but does anyone actually know what has been said before after or during that last match because if you do then say now otherwise
:shutup:
I like Tony, I like Gus
anyone else means diddly squat to me as they should have nothing to do with the picking,buying,borrowing or anything else to do with the team other than maybe saying whether they are affordable
and if you want some advice bin the clackers they make the place look like the main square in capital North Korea

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was leaked on Football Rumours (that absurd website) early this morning. Not surprising nobody mentioned THAT. . . but unless the original poster got bored and decided to bung it up here . . . well . . . it must be true. No aspersions on original poster btw - my comment lacks any judgment . . . . (no need for the obvious reply . . .)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Very true, it's amazing to see that Mark Hughes is going to get the Stoke job. I know it's probably not Gus's type of job but to appoint Hughes.... wow

Given that he's only suspended, would Gus be allowed to even apply? Gus is still under contract, so surely would need permission to talk to Stoke (or whoever else)?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There is more chance of me getting into bed with Cameron Diaz

She REALLY isn't all that. Why do people rave about that woman? Even Iain Dowie could get her into bed, so I'm sure you're more than capable, although you'd probably have to relocate to West Hollywood in order to achieve your very achievable ambition.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and if you want some advice bin the clackers they make the place look like the main square in capital North Korea

The capital of North Korea is Pyongyang , the sort of name given to a siamese cat. :wink:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
yes OK we get the idea you don't like Gus
it does occur to me that it might be both have come to the conclusion that
a) tony won't find someone that will take the team we have even with a few additions any further
b) maybe other managers don't want to be hemmed in by restrictions that will be made
c) and maybe also that Gus has realised that he got that close to his goal that he might just might want another tilt at it

I really do get sick of people saying with some authority that Gus wanted away I watched all the interviews and yes OK he might have come close to pushing a few buttons but does anyone actually know what has been said before after or during that last match because if you do then say now otherwise
:shutup:
I like Tony, I like Gus
anyone else means diddly squat to me as they should have nothing to do with the picking,buying,borrowing or anything else to do with the team other than maybe saying whether they are affordable
But didn't Gus speak to Reading? If I didn't want away or at least be considering it I'd have turned such opportunity down. It's not as if football managers go along for the interview practice as we all do on occasion!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Spot on.

And with Tony in charge, you needn't worry. He will make the right decision FOR THE CLUB, and NOT for Gus.

And so, with that in mind, If TB makes the decision to keep Gus and clear the air, you will support Gus and the team 100% - yes?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seeing as I genuinely don't know for any certainty what has gone on behind the scenes (like everyone else) I'm still holding off the witch hunt.

Therefore, in my view, if Tony and co are happy to still retain his services ad work with him then that's good enough for me. I don't have to work with him so that side has no relevance to me as a fan of our 11 blokes wearing the stripes. I can only base my opinion of him on his ability of a football manager. Bottom of league one to 4th in the championship provides me with suitable evidence to believe he is good at his job (especially his first managerial job)

If he goes we move on. I he stays then that's great for our football which is, fundamentally, the whole point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports