Clear The Air Meeting Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If he stays, fine. If he goes and we have a new man in charge, that's fine too. I don't know the facts of whats gone on so I can't really make a serious judgement yet

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thank God something's finally happening. I see his house is still on the market though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be very surprised if the OP has got this right. Basically, Gus has burnt his bridges IMHO. Still, we'll see.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Would be the worst thing that could happen. Poyet can't keep running off at the mouth and getting away with it. There is more chance of me getting into bed with Cameron Diaz that Poyet being here next season. Do people on here really think Tony Bloom is the sort of man you can just take for a bit of a tosser like Poyet has???...Isn't going to happen.

I think that Tony Bloom is the sort of man that will do whatever is best for the club - whatever that takes. I don't think he takes kindly to people going behind his back but equally I don't think he's scared of making a difficult (and controversial) decision. I don't think I'm alone in that view either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thank God something's finally happening. I see his house is still on the market though.

With an asking price of around £3.25M its not the same as selling a 3 bed semi. :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that Tony Bloom is the sort of man that will do whatever is best for the club - whatever that takes. I don't think he takes kindly to people going behind his back but equally I don't think he's scared of making a difficult (and controversial) decision. I don't think I'm alone in that view either.

Sorry, no way back for Gus. He has pushed Tony too far this time. And most sensible fans too, and Tony understands that too. It is NOT best for the club to bring Gus back onside. Might be best for Gus, but not the club.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sorry, no way back for Gus. He has pushed Tony too far this time. And most sensible fans too, and Tony understands that too. It is NOT best for the club to bring Gus back onside. Might be best for Gus, but not the club.

Had he? What is it that he's done then, clearly you have inside info.

Or are you just guessing and speculating like everybody else?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It would be a spectacular reconciliation, but if it's one Tony is happy with, then I can only support it.

Pretty much my view on it too.

Nobody on here knows the ins and outs of this (and the really juicy details will probably never come out), so it's all rumour and supposition. It's utterly pointless to put forward such strong views on what may or may not have happened and therefore what may or may not happen as a consequence, because we just don't know the details.

For instance, I don't like the way Gus has moaned about budgets in public - potentially undermining TB with a public whinge. But how do I know it wasn't done with TB's blessing as a way of keeping the team in the underdog mindset and working hard rather than thinking promotion is our right? It might just be that he shoots his mouth off and it really p|sses TB off, but who knows for sure?
He has obviously (allegedly) seriously transgressed in some way or another because of the suspension. But we don't know why/how and the investigation may well be throwing up mitigating circumstances, or others at fault.

Tony Bloom has shown an ability to make the right decisions for all things Albion in the past, so I see no reason to doubt him now. Those taking extreme such views either supporting or against Gus without all the facts known are in danger of massive amounts of egg on their face depending upon which way this goes...

For what it's worth, before the car crash that was the play-offs, I thought Gus would get us promoted in time regardless of the outcome this season. IF all this can be resolved so he can stay (with the caveat that all parties happy and the squad is still behind him), then I'd be perfectly happy. My gut tells me there will be a parting of the ways.

One thing's for sure... I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall if/when there is a clear the air meeting

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With an asking price of around £3.25M its not the same as selling a 3 bed semi. :lol:

That house went on the market the same time as Gus started to go loco. If there is a reconciliation but the house remains on the market I for one won't be convinced Gus is here to stay.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Had he? What is it that he's done then, clearly you have inside info.

Or are you just guessing and speculating like everybody else?

I have some clue. Let's leave it at that Commander. BTW you only have to listen to Gus' post-Palace rant, or many of his earlier ill-informed efforts at going public to know why he has blown it with Tony.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
At least if the board meeting in London is true we might get some closure sooner rather than later and we can all move on from this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If he stays, fine. If he goes and we have a new man in charge, that's fine too. I don't know the facts of whats gone on so I can't really make a serious judgement yet

This is what it pretty much boils down to for me, too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much my view on it too.

Nobody on here knows the ins and outs of this (and the really juicy details will probably never come out), so it's all rumour and supposition. It's utterly pointless to put forward such strong views on what may or may not have happened and therefore what may or may not happen as a consequence, because we just don't know the details.

For instance, I don't like the way Gus has moaned about budgets in public - potentially undermining TB with a public whinge. But how do I know it wasn't done with TB's blessing as a way of keeping the team in the underdog mindset and working hard rather than thinking promotion is our right? It might just be that he shoots his mouth off and it really p|sses TB off, but who knows for sure?
He has obviously (allegedly) seriously transgressed in some way or another because of the suspension. But we don't know why/how and the investigation may well be throwing up mitigating circumstances, or others at fault.

Tony Bloom has shown an ability to make the right decisions for all things Albion in the past, so I see no reason to doubt him now. Those taking extreme such views either supporting or against Gus without all the facts known are in danger of massive amounts of egg on their face depending upon which way this goes...

For what it's worth, before the car crash that was the play-offs, I thought Gus would get us promoted in time regardless of the outcome this season. IF all this can be resolved so he can stay (with the caveat that all parties happy and the squad is still behind him), then I'd be perfectly happy. My gut tells me there will be a parting of the ways.

One thing's for sure... I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall if/when there is a clear the air meeting

I can tell you Gus' repeated ill-advised budget comments were definitely NOT made with Tony's blessing.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Gus can easily find other jobs, but chances are we wouldn't find another Gus, or anyone even close to his level of ability - Losing him could potentially be catastrophic for the club.

I suspect that this has all evolved from disagreements between Barber and Gus about the way the club should operate. TB and GP have always seemed to have a strong, respectful working relationship. However since Barber arrived, Gus has criticised the budget, the clackers, the potential lack of ambition and other things to do with Barber's job. Hopefully the OP is right and TB will mediate a meeting so they can settle their disagreements, give Gus the budget he needs to take us up and give Barber a stern telling off regarding those ridiculous clackers.

Seriously if gus throws his toys out of the pram due to clackers well...

Bloom will have set the budget along with the board so unlikely that he will suddenly find more money just because gus wants more. If bloom was looking to mediate than why sanction the suspensions as he must have done. It would be nice if it was resolved amicably but the limited facts we know suggest otherwise.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus can easily find other jobs, but chances are we wouldn't find another Gus, or anyone even close to his level of ability - Losing him could potentially be catastrophic for the club.

I suspect that this has all evolved from disagreements between Barber and Gus about the way the club should operate. TB and GP have always seemed to have a strong, mutually respectful working relationship. However since Barber arrived, Gus has criticised the budget, the clackers, the potential lack of ambition and other things to do with Barber's job. Hopefully the OP is right and TB will mediate a meeting so they can settle their disagreements, give Gus the budget he needs to take us up and give Barber a stern telling off regarding those ridiculous clackers.

You're self-delusion is heart-warming, but... wake up! Gus has gone far too far with his latest outburst and unwillingness to do his job. BTW, with the resources made available to him, Gus met (not exceeded) expectations by taking the Albion to the playoffs. We can and will appoint someone of equal or higher calibre.

Also, you've probably noted Gus stock is not exactly high with those Prem clubs who have vacancies at present. You significantly overestimate where he stands in the managerial job market.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can tell you Gus' repeated ill-advised budget comments were definitely NOT made with Tony's blessing.

I always find it amazing how many people are suddenly "in the know" when it comes to the club. It's rather like the SAS being the largest regiment in the world !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I always find it amazing how many people are suddenly "in the know" when it comes to the club. It's rather like the SAS being the largest regiment in the world !

Not 'suddenly'...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

If true, then there's a black mark against his name for a start, but enough for an irrevocable breakdown of relationship...?

You state that very confidently - do you have a spicy sauce?

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I could see Gus staying on a reworked contract and probably leaving in the New Year when everything has settled. We need someone in place soon and if it's Gus then I'll support him. If TB had someone else lined up I think he would be appointed by now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If true, then there's a black mark against his name for a start, but enough for an irrevocable breakdown of relationship...?

You state that very confidently - do you have a spicy sauce?

LoL! Spicy... not sure I can say that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports