Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clear The Air Meeting Today

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And he would have been had anyone come in for him. But after our awful end to the season, no one wanted him, so he signed a contract extension with us. Now he thinks he is hot property again, he has shot his mouth off again and here we are....I think it would be hilarious if no one wants him, when clearly he had a plan in mind. Do you really think Bloom would take him back, after he has all but called his/our club small time and tin pot outfit???

We are in comparison to the teams he has said he would like to manage one day but that is not to say we always will be.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
smoking cat.JPGfecking sure half of you lot have been on this stuff today

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There is no way on gods green earth he would get a extension on his contract, the length of his contract has been one of the biggest problems..

However there is one, albeit unlikely, possibility. That Gus realises he isn't as wanted as first thought and TB has offered a contract extension which has removed previous clauses favourable to Gus and unfavourable to TB. Gus has agreed that his future is with the Albion with 100% commitment and no desires to wander off for a few years.

As I say unlikely, but not impossible

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You don't have to use them words, to know that's exactly what he was refferring to, every time he was asked about other jobs....Zola say's we will be back next year bigger and better.....Poyet say's we have hit the ceiling, have to think about myself, how did Chelsea get on etc etc etc.....If that isn't disrespectful and implying he thinks your tin pot, I don't know what is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you don't have to use them words, to know that's exactly what he was refferring to, every time he was asked about other jobs....zola say's we will be back next year bigger and better.....poyet say's we have hit the ceiling, have to think about myself, how did chelsea get on etc etc etc.....if that isn't disrespectful and implying he thinks your tin pot, i don't know what is.

but did he actually say those words

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Would be very interesting to see the sort of reception he got if he walked out as manager for the first game at The Amex next season. I can't see it being all hearts and flowers. Bound to be a bit of jeering/booing (pooing?)

We are in comparison to the teams he has said he would like to manage one day but that is not to say we always will be.

Top clubs will be giving him a wide berth for some considerable time,not only for his disgraceful interview after the Palace game but also for his poking his trumpet in where it's not wanted(Suarez).
The squad we had last season should've walked this league doing handstands,so far Poyet has one the 3rd division,that is all,his gob has an over inflated opinion of his ability and reputation sticks like shit to a blanket.

Would be very interesting to see the sort of reception he got if he walked out as manager for the first game at The Amex next season. I can't see it being all hearts and flowers. Bound to be a bit of jeering/booing (pooing?)

If,if Poyet is in charge next season I shall, initially turn My back on Him as he looks for his agent in the West stand,after that His team will have My full support,as always.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And he would have been had anyone come in for him. But after our awful end to the season, no one wanted him, so he signed a contract extension with us. Now he thinks he is hot property again, he has shot his mouth off again and here we are....I think it would be hilarious if no one wants him, when clearly he had a plan in mind. Do you really think Bloom would take him back, after he has all but called his/our club small time and tin pot outfit???

OK - lets have it in the open - what role do you perform at the club to be able to make such a statement with such surety and confidence ? Or are you yet another bullshitter ?

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
We need to get rid off Barber. That Article is Just bad news and has done a lot off damage.Get rid before he dose more.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We need to get rid off Barber. That Article is Just bad news and has done a lot off damage.Get rid before he dose more.

Does Barber fall asleep in meetings then ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Top clubs will be giving him a wide berth for some considerable time,not only for his disgraceful interview after the Palace game but also for his poking his trumpet in where it's not wanted(Suarez).
The squad we had last season should've walked this league doing handstands,so far Poyet has one the 3rd division,that is all,his gob has an over inflated opinion of his ability and reputation sticks like shit to a blanket.

that is seriously dumming down what Poyet has acheived for us in my opinion, agreed Gus gets carried away every now and then, and i personally see no way back for him, but to suggest he has not done a terrific job is simply wrong

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Which article - does he write for the Argus?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

It would be very intresting what reaction he would give to that response from fans even if not our own, as he has not experianced that yet in management. Something tells me he would not like that from any set of fans and the higher up the leagues you go the more pressure and fans turn quicker on you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
However there is one, albeit unlikely, possibility. That Gus realises he isn't as wanted as first thought and TB has offered a contract extension which has removed previous clauses favourable to Gus and unfavourable to TB. Gus has agreed that his future is with the Albion with 100% commitment and no desires to wander off for a few years.

As I say unlikely, but not impossible

Gus realising that maybe the grass isn't greener is a possibility but it would be a massive surprise to me if he actually apologised and said he wants to stay with an extended contract. I have to admit I'd be more than happy with him in charge IF things could be straightened out. As we know the sum of **** all that has gone on maybe bridges have been smouldering but not burned :shrug:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If there is an element of truth in the OP post, then I would hope Gus will learn to think before speaking and I would want a sincere apology for his outburst. Then I will forgive him but not forget, and see how this season pans out.

IMO he has been like a toddler in the respect of continually pushing the boundaries of what he could get away with until Tony has lost his patience with him and basically told him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here