Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Claudio Ranieri SACKED

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ridiculous appointment in the first place, just as ridiculous to sack him having made that decision. Whoever they appointed should have been good enough to fight a relegation battle and also be their choice to bring the club back up. Ranieri was never going to be the man for either job.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The exact words I opened up this thread to write.

Since the 24th November, they've only managed to win two games: Huddersfield and us, and that period includes a home Cup loss to Oldham.

Huddersfield and us. Jesus Christ.

We have only won three since 24th November.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The exact words I opened up this thread to write.

Since the 24th November, they've only managed to win two games: Huddersfield and us, and that period includes a home Cup loss to Oldham.

Huddersfield and us. Jesus Christ.

That's why we are where we are and still looking down the barrel of a gun, here's hoping we don't make a nice threesome come season's end

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've been Pardewed, two seasons running.

That's good for us, if people beat us then they might get relegated.

Best to let us win the rest of this season...y'know, to be safe.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don’t care about Raneiri, he’ll be handsomely rewarded.

Shahid Khan seems a bit of a Tony Fernandes type wnkr, doing anything by hook or crook, to keep his paws onto PL football. Spending over £100m in fees last summer, that’s almost as much as us in 4 PL transfer windows. A FFP cheat I would hazard a guess, when their 2018/19 accounts come out.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It just goes to show how shite we are really, couldn't beat them from 2-0 up and could only draw 2-2 at home.

We have only won three since 24th November.......

Indeed. Haven't we got the lowest number of points of any PL team in 2019? I think it's 2, i.e. if the League had started on Jan 1st we'd be bottom. (Awaits correction).

Thankfully of course it didn't - so it remains to be seen if our current slump is just a blip or whether we over-achieved and have now been found out.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
If Fulham are looking for a new manager he needs to be a well proven Championship one.

Hold on...I think I might just know one :whistle:

On second thoughts, get yer hands off :wrong:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary and then you look at Claudio’s experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it’s pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham football club.”

- Shahid Khan, November 2018

Where do they find these jokers as chairmen ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Indeed. Haven't we got the lowest number of points of any PL team in 2019? I think it's 2, i.e. if the League had started on Jan 1st we'd be bottom. (Awaits correction).

Thankfully of course it didn't - so it remains to be seen if our current slump is just a blip or whether we over-achieved and have now been found out.

Blip - "an unexpected, minor, and typically temporary deviation from a general trend" (OED)
It will be a blip if we somehow manage to win or draw a couple of games.

Flatline - "Fail to increase; remain static"
We are flatlining my friend.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A blow to Pards.

2DA52D2A-2563-4731-96F2-3B3C98F1E60D.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a soft spot for ranieri. I think he may not be the best manager in the world, but he always comes over as a gentleman in a sea of crass egotists.

Hope they gave him a decent payoff and he can go on a nice Caribbean cruise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hilarious! When will Chairmen learn?

Sacking him or appointing him in the first place?

Can anyone be surprised by anything in Ranieri's tenure at Fulham?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Should've appointed Big Sam instead of CR. If they had they would almost certainly be in a much better position now and would almost certainly survive. Whilst supporters get sniffy about BS,he comes with almost a guarantee of survival (which for the majority of PL teams is the only realistic aim). In the last few seasons following his appointment once the season was underway he's kept up: Blackburn / Sunderland / Palace and Everton (I acknowledge Everton were never serious relegation candidates however). Are Everton in a better position following his dismissal? No. I agree with his 'I've I was Sam Allardici' statement. As for Marco Silva if he was 'Mark Smith' he wouldn't have got anywhere near the 3 PL jobs he has somehow landed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here