Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classic Live albums

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Delicate sound of thunder

If I'm being harsh to the Floyd I'll point out some overdubbing was done in the studio on that one.

My personal choice:

Live at the el mocambo.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Cannot believe I have not posted this yet. One of my top 10 gigs I wished I'd been at. Liam Clancy - what a voice.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.
R-1406279-1256246326.jpeg.jpg

Classic album for me. No youtube link unfortunately.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some great posts in this thread. Keep it up

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If you were ever into what is often derided as pompous and overblown prog rock then this album is probably for you. This concert was based on the albums Fragile and Close to the Edge. "Yes" are one of my guilty pleasures and "Close to the Edge" sits unashamedly amongst my music collection just one shelf down from the The Sex Pistols.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La_fgpEnE6g

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.
View attachment 75667

Classic album for me. No youtube link unfortunately.

That is a fine shout. I remember buying that the day it came out...anyone put off by their later soft commercial efforts should not be put off. Sadly I never saw them at this peak.

...reaches for same record from rack...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That is a fine shout. I remember buying that the day it came out...anyone put off by their later soft commercial efforts should not be put off. Sadly I never saw them at this peak.

...reaches for same record from rack...

It's almost hard to believe that they could go on to put an album out like Distant Thunder :(

I saw them at Brixton Academy just about as they were going commercial I seem to remember, but it was a fantastic gig as the commercial stuff never really got much of a look in.

Also saw them at a St. Leonards Festival here a few years back too. Brinsley had left by then but Drummie Zeb's son was there. As local gigs go it was fantastic! Free event outdoors on a warm evening, and despite the obvious inclusion of their commercial stuff, plenty of memories brought back with their roots classics as well.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's almost hard to believe that they could go on to put an album out like Distant Thunder :(

I saw them at Brixton Academy just about as they were going commercial I seem to remember, but it was a fantastic gig as the commercial stuff never really got much of a look in.

Also saw them at a St. Leonards Festival here a few years back too. Brinsley had left by then but Drummie Zeb's son was there. As local gigs go it was fantastic! Free event outdoors on a warm evening, and despite the obvious inclusion of their commercial stuff, plenty of memories brought back with their roots classics as well.

I envy you those gigs. If they settled their differences and hit the road with a heavy roots set I'd be a buyer even now. Time is against them so they best get on with it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here