Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Classic Albums - Stone Roses Vs Pills Thrills & Bellyaches Vs Screamadelica

Which album is the greatest?

• Total voters

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Three albums released in a very short period of time that encapsulated the period of baggy infused with elements of acid house.

All three albums were big sellers and released to huge critical acclaim, but what is your favourite of the three and why?

(I'm going to attempt to post a poll for the very first time so I hope this works).

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
All 3 albums are absolute classics in their own right.

But for legacy and musicianship the winner has to be THE STONE ROSES especially as it regularly is featured in 'Best Of' polls...Plus it is my personal favourite.

Albion, England & Stone Roses forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I went for The Stone Roses because I think it has stood the test of time far better. I have listened to it and still listen to it regularly and consider it to the the best album ever written (yes I know it is a big call but to me it is). As an album it means everything to me and is absolute musical perfection. I am proud to say that my 7 year old boy listens to it every night to help him drift of to sleep.

The other two are great albums but not quite up there

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
At the time I prefered screamadelica but I feel Stone Roses has stood the tests of time better and I still enjoy that now whereas I don't listen to either of the other two much anymore.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All three were very important to student me, at the time. Stone Roses is the only one I still listen to, so that.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
pills and thrills was the only one to have a fanny on it though

but wasnt even the best mondays album

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
pills and thrills was the only one to have a fanny on it though

but wasnt even the best mondays album

What was? I always preferred Squirrel and the G man...raw f***ing mental amateur funk lunacy.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I voted Stone roses, but still listen to Screamadelica occasionally. I really enjoyed seeing Primal Scream perform this in Brighton recently, still sounded great. And Mani on bass, everyone's a winner.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Roses all day every day. Would be difficult to rank Pills Vs Screamadelica but think would go for Pills as the whole album is quality whereas Screamadelica for me has a few fillers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stone Roses. No contest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's odd how a bunch of disparate, feckless, reasonably (at best) talented, drug addled, scallies, can produce 2 immense, cultural changing, long playing gramophone records, can come from the same city at the same time.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've gone for the Stone Roses over Screamadelica. Both stand the test of time well but the Roses edge it for me,
I'm afraid the Happy Mondays come a poor third.

True Story : I was given the Stone Roses Album by a short sighted and dyslexic elderly relative who thought she was buying a Rolling Stones album she hadn't previously heard of.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Stone Roses is definitely in my top ten albums of all time, and also the only one I still listen to out of those three, although I'm always happy to hear "Movin' On Up". Not as happy as I am to hear "Velocity Girl" mind - when someone starts a C86 thread, I'll be all over that like a rash....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Screamadelica probably. Although it must be said that the second half is weaker than the first. I respect The Stone Roses but have never loved it - probably in part to do with the Euro fizz chucking England shirt wearing Madchester association it has been attached to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here