Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Class over potential

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes. It’s almost like some of us already knew that!

The criticism they were both receiving on here just over a week ago was ridiculous.

No, I don't think so.

They had done it for other clubs, but both had looked poor for us in the games which they had featured, especially in the oppo penalty box, where it counts.

The criticism was entirely justified given their lack of contribution for us

Lallana has had two really good games now and that was much improved from Wellbeck.

Long may it continue

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Did we really start to see today why Adam Lallana and Danny Welbeck are our technically best players. Their movement, vision, touch, eye for space and movement is a step above others

I don't think you need to be a football genius to know that those two, especially Lallana would take us to the next level. They are on a different wavelength to most of the other players and it's a damn shame they haven't been injury free this season. It was always a gamble taking them on but hopefully the gamble will pay off for the rest of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. It’s almost like some of us already knew that!

The criticism they were both receiving on here just over a week ago was ridiculous.

Yes, I do think so.

Lallana’s been quality throughout. Many of us have consistently said that.

Pre-match today Warren Aspinall astutely pointed out the same, he said our problems had been that our existing players haven’t been playing at his level, they not on his wavelength. He said a similar thing about Welbeck.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
No, I don't think so.

They had done it for other clubs, but both had looked poor for us in the games which they had featured, especially in the oppo penalty box, where it counts.

Lallana has had two really good games now and that was much improved from Wellbeck.

Long may it continue

Do you only have a short term memory? Think [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION] is spot on. :thumbsup:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Have to disagree Blue shifted s definition is closer to the truth IMHO and it’s only my opinion
Today they stood up and delivered Perhaps IF we had seen more from them both
We would be closer to the 10 th spot the media machine asked us to buy into
It was a calculated gamble by the club
fingers crossed we see plenty more from both Welbz and Adam the Llama in the run in

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They both see things quicker and don’t need that extra touch. Welbeck took 1 touch to release trossard most of our squad would have needed another and the chance would have been gone. That is the difference and hopefully if they stay fit they will be the difference makers for us.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, I do think so.

Lallana’s been quality throughout. Many of us have consistently said that.

Pre-match today Warren Aspinall astutely pointed out the same, he said our problems had been that our existing players haven’t been playing at his level, they not on his wavelength. He said a similar thing about Welbeck.

If I might agree with your post by referencing Albion from deep in the last century, we had the same issue when Kit Napier was sold and Barry Bridges joined us. A four caps full England International, the rest of the team was never on his wavelength. At the time, I blamed him but, now I'm older and wiser, I realise he was just playing at a different level and our lads couldn't bridge (sorry) the gap.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
If I might agree with your post by referencing Albion from deep in the last century, we had the same issue when Kit Napier was sold and Barry Bridges joined us. A four caps full England International, the rest of the team was never on his wavelength. At the time, I blamed him but, now I'm older and wiser, I realise he was just playing at a different level and our lads couldn't bridge (sorry) the gap.

Before my time
But Vicente was very similar in more modern times

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No, I don't think so.

Long may it continue

I can understand some criticism for Welbeck, although again he has shown glimpses of class and needs a run of games.

Lallana On the other hand has looked great in almost every game he has played. I think there was one game recently where he was poor but outside of that as a starter or sub he looks so classy and one of our best players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here