Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson weighs in on the cycling debate - and is right!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Go and tell that to nurses and doctors who work in A & E.

Funnily enough I did raise this subject with a few Doctor friends of mine. In the odd minor accident a helmet can be useful. If you get hit by a truck no 15 quid bit of bent plastic from Argos will do you any good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"100 % of cyclists killed in 1937 were wearing a helmet. Of this 100% several were almost adult women. We can conclude much from these figures". Thank you so much.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's the bit that jumped out at me as well. Drink driving limits apply to bikes as well.

This was debated on here some time ago and @Edna Krabapple detailed very clearly that it is not illegal to ride a bike whilst drunk.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"100 % of cyclists killed in 1937 were wearing a helmet. Of this 100% several were almost adult women. We can conclude much from these figures". Thank you so much.

Ah, gotta love stats that are 76 years out of date. Relevance isn't important to a losing argument, of course.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah, gotta love stats that are 76 years out of date. Relevance isn't important to a losing argument, of course.

I seem to have credited you in the past with more intelligence than you are displaying right now. Please re-read the above stat. Of course I'm losing the argument, read the nonsense stat I posted! Does go to show one thing though, many people will just scan a stat and base their argument upon such flummery. I would urge no-one to base any argument whatsoever on my previous, made up, illogical, senseless stat.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Absolute ****ing bullshit.

I can't remember his name but there was a guy on BBC breakfast once who was hit in the back of the head by a wing mirror of a truck going at 70mph in the US. He still suffered sever head injuries, but if he wasn't wearing a helmet he would have been killed there and then.

That is an extreme example but if you honestly believe that bike helmets do nothing you are one simple little man.

James Cracknell, the rower

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I seem to have credited you in the past with more intelligence than you are displaying right now. Please re-read the above stat. Of course I'm losing the argument, read the nonsense stat I posted! Does go to show one thing though, many people will just scan a stat and base their argument upon such flummery. I would urge no-one to base any argument whatsoever on my previous, made up, illogical, senseless stat.
You nearly had 2!! :lol:

I'm glad I paused for thought, before replying.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Cycling is good, until you get to a hill. Get off and push or have a heart attack.
Bikes with a little motor that kicks in when you get to the bottom of a hill and helps you get up it would be a gas.

Well I'm about to get my custom built one that does just that. Hopefully it will be with me this week. The frame came back from the powder coaters last week.

Attachments

• #2640 frame.jpg
    #2640 frame.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 30

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This was debated on here some time ago and @Edna Krabapple detailed very clearly that it is not illegal to ride a bike whilst drunk.

Please note I am simply relaying information and not necessarily promoting drink-cycling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here