Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson, May & Hammond - Grand Tour

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Glad it went well, anything that keeps Clarkson off terrestrial is a result.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
And to answer an earlier question, yes, it's available in Ultra HD if you have a compatible telly box.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just watched it, and enjoyed it quite a bit, those three cars were outstanding. The format for the show worked well, I hadn't realised it was a touring show. The new track didn't quite do it, but the other parts seemed to make up for it, they're clearly not simply doing a complete clone of the previous show.

Not quite sure why people feel the need to get quite so hateful about the presenters, or their previous show, the thing is, people like all sorts of things, and dislike other things. I wouldn't piss on Coldplay if they were on fire, but apparently there are many who really like them. Lots of people also like Strictly Come Dancing/X-Factor/Ant&Dec etc, I don't, but I don't feel the need to express how much I dislike those shows with such vigour, time and time again, even though I dislike those programmes equally as much as some of you dislike Top Gear and Clarkson. Broken record comes to mind with some of the guff spouted about TG.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I called it wrong, but to be fair that was 18 months ago and a lot can change in that time.

In fairness, Sim, your comments read as ridiculous then, as they do now.

Plenty more in that thread - eg

So that's probably around 5-7m subscribers in the UK, not all of them have dongles, and not all of them have a smart TV in place. And you reckon Clarkson and co will reach hundreds of thousands of viewers immediately?

Dear oh dear.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Enjoyed episode 1. I didn't realise they were literally going to carry on making Top Gear, I thought it might be something a bit more different.

Nothing I missed from TG, everything they have ditched was getting very tired anyway. I like the international settings, adds a bit of interest.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Enjoyed episode 1. I didn't realise they were literally going to carry on making Top Gear, I thought it might be something a bit more different.

Nothing I missed from TG, everything they have ditched was getting very tired anyway. I like the international settings, adds a bit of interest.

Presents the BBC with an interesting dilemma to ponder upon.

I haven't seen The Grand Tour but as I understand it, it is effectively a high-octane version of Top Gear. I'm certain it will scoop up the worldwide revenues that the BBC version used to enjoy - leaving the Matt Le Blanc Top Gear lite with virtually no market. So do the BBC keep making Top Gear when the version that viewers worldwide want is the Amazon derivative?

Looks like Clarkson has out manoeuvred the BBC and will have the last laugh on this one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Presents the BBC with an interesting dilemma to ponder upon.

I haven't seen The Grand Tour but as I understand it, it is effectively a high-octane version of Top Gear. I'm certain it will scoop up the worldwide revenues that the BBC version used to enjoy - leaving the Matt Le Blanc Top Gear lite with virtually no market. So do the BBC keep making Top Gear when the version that viewers worldwide want is the Amazon derivative?

Looks like Clarkson has out manoeuvred the BBC and will have the last laugh on this one.

EXACTLY the conversation I was having with one of my barflys this afternoon, having watched The Grand Tour on Kodi yesterday.

There is absolutely NO point in the BBC commissioning another series of Top Gear. The last series was a pale imitation, Evans has already (wisely) walked, and now Grand Tour is out there, its going to blow whatever they attempt clean out of the water. Was the first show brilliant ? No. Frankly, I'd already seen enough of the Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren on that track when they went back to do more driving fast round corners in the second half of the show. But it was still FUN, and ridiculous. Three mates being dickheads for an hour. Hit and miss, but certainly more hit than miss. It just worked, and for a first show, under a completely new format, that was great.

The Grand Tour is going to be a regular part of my weekend because its brilliantly shot, mildly amusing, and I just love seeing the world. Its Top Gear on steroids, and its going to be massive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The team decided to go with Amazon Prime not for money, but for freedom. Reports suggest that the team were in talks with ITV first, but it was clear they wouldn’t get the creative freedom they craved. As for Netflix? It just wasn’t interested. Andy Wilman, a producer on the show and a key part of the Clarkson team, said: “We love the people down at ITV, but we couldn't do it.” Talking about Amazon he said: “Everyone we have talked to has told us: ‘They leave you alone to make your show.’ That's a big one for us – we don’t like interference, we don’t need to be policed.”

Jesus. Thank christ ITV didn't get hold of it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Esentially top gear died when they went. If you liked or not that was the end of it.

For gamers. Its espentially like the makers of champ manager leaving and making the game under the name of football manager. Champ manager was just left with the brand and served up shite while football manager went on to much bigger things.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Esentially top gear died when they went. If you liked or not that was the end of it.

Begging the question:-

'why did the BBC think it could fob off the viewers with a sub-par carbon copy rehash?'

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just watching ep 2, this is basically Top Gear. More restrained than last week but quite surreal and funny film on an army training base...

.. With 'The Queen' who they have just shot.

It's quite bonkers.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Has anybody been able to watch ep2 on Kodi?

Picture is fine, but the sound keeps cutting out during the talking.
Title music and the audience laughing can be heard though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Patience, young padwan. Give it another day or two and it'll be there on Exodus in TIP-TOP nick.

Personally, I'm saving them for Sunday nights. Just like having Top Gear back....except better.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

I have been able to watch in HD perfectly fine

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have been able to watch in HD perfectly fine

Watched it today.

I tried different sites on Friday and the audio kept muting on the speaking bits on all of them.
Sorted today though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here