Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Clarkson Cancelled

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than shag her. Fact. She’d probably go on Oprah and tell the world how small my dick was afterwards if I did :wink:

I‘d have no intention of shagging Clarkson either, just to be clear!
And is your position based on your personal experiences with Megan or just by what has been fed to you by the Daily Mail and Piers Morgan ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think I am sailing this “I enjoy Clarkson” ship alone on NSC :smile:
He makes really good TV (WWTBAM aside).

It is just a shame that he is such a monumental bellend . . . For money . . . To a deadline.

Some people can hold the two conflicting personas in their head and some can't. Apparently there are enough that can't to make producers think twice about working with him. The way of the world.

He may need to decide if the rewards for being a bellend outweigh the rewards for making TV.

People can bang in about cancel culture, and him 'just saying what everyone thinks'
(he's not and if you feel he is speaking on your behalf then you, also are a bellend - but remember he gets well paid for it, you are doing it for free) all they want but he is making the choices.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And is your position based on your personal experiences with Megan or just by what has been fed to you by the Daily Mail and Piers Morgan ?
You need to know someone to have an opinion on them? Is she a mate of yours then? Never read the Daily Mail or watch Morgan, I guess you do though

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
‘If this thread was a car it would be a clapped out Austin Allegro.’

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’m a republican,but, I wouldn’t cheer Clarkson for his comments. In fact, I wouldn’t cheer anyone making comments of this sort about anyone. I know he claimed that it was a clumsy reference to GOT, but I think he’s a liar and he knew exactly what he was alluding to. Allow me to have a bit of a rant about Clarkson, who is a misogynistic, drunken violent bully, He seems to enjoy belittling people who can’t, or won’t fight back. The more idiotic section of our community will no doubt cheer him on, but it appears to me, these people are far more likely to come from the forelock tugging, flag shagging,right wing Nationalistic cult than republicans.

I believe most republicans care little about the rows between our crisis ridden Royal Family.
Funny how it took him a while to actually clarify that's what he (apparently) meant 🤔 He knew EXACTLY what he was doing and it looks like he's now experiencing the consequences.

Having been on the end of some mild Clarkson behaviour on a couple of occasions, I'm happy to confirm the guy can be a monumental berk to people when he wants to. Yes he's done very well for himself - and is well liked by a certain section of society - but being that objectionable is inexcusable, if you ask me. He's not someone I'd wish to spend any prolonged period of time with.

As for being 'cancelled'? Do me a favour! He's lost one of his jobs, but - as far as I can see/tell - is still on Amazon, writing columns for Rupert and will no doubt have a tour/book out soon. I'm sure he'll survive this tragic ITV setback 🤣

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The thing about the hatred for the Duchess of Sussex, her and Prince Harry sued the Daily Mail and won, I believe they are also suing the Sun, although I’m not sure on that one.
Her main detractors driving the very negative opinions of her appear to be Dan Wooten, ex Mail and Sun Journo, Piers Morgan, ex editor of the Mirror, Sun and Mail columnist, Clarkson, columnist of the Times, GB News, Talk TV, Sarah Vine, Mail columnist, Carole Malone, Sun and Mail columnist.
I’m starting to see a bit of a pattern here.

If I had to take sides on this one, I really wouldn’t want to be associated with that shower of shit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Erhm that's the point. You are saying someone is wrong based on your insular view, when the other persons view is actually closer to the truth.

Their popularity is on the dive. Big time.

Getting lampooned by one of the world's most iconic satiric shows proves how their image outside of the UK is perceived.

You're in the minority with your view.
Allow me to post the view of Jeremy Clarkson’s own daughter.
338333B3-F025-469A-8A1C-73C542754702.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would you cheer Eddie Izzard if they had suggested Prince Andrew should be paraded naked through the village and the locals throw excrement at him?
I wouldn't, but I suspect plenty would! LGBT........plus Q?....plus '+'? person slags of a Royal Prince for doing something immoral but not illegal (not in this country anyway) - good platform for plenty to pile on in enthusiastic support, I guess. C'est la vie - et aussi c'est beaucoup NSC!

Not bothered - Clarkson is just a **** anyway, whether he's right wing, left wing, straight or gay..... and whatever he identifies as, a pain in the arse to watch or listen to.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You need to know someone to have an opinion on them? Is she a mate of yours then? Never read the Daily Mail or watch Morgan, I guess you do though
I think that we all need to base our judgements on learned experiences, from their own mouths we can see that both Morgan and The Mail are hateful, spiteful and proven liars quite regularly. Would love to hear why you personally have such hatred for someone you claim to know nothing about and why oh and to put that in context with others that are in public life/social media.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Allow me to post the view of Jeremy Clarkson’s own daughter. View attachment 157751

Attention seeking Gold Diggers can be mocked too you know.

It's an absolute fact that there were Muppets out there who didn't know he was referencing a scene from a world famous iconic pop culture show that did exactly the same thing to a very unpopular person of the nobility.

Were you one of those people?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think that we all need to base our judgements on learned experiences, from their own mouths we can see that both Morgan and The Mail are hateful, spiteful and proven liars quite regularly. Would love to hear why you personally have such hatred for someone you claim to know nothing about and why oh and to put that in context with others that are in public life/social media.
I have heard and seen Megane speak, I am not a fan, is that OK with you? I have zero interest in the Mail and Morgan as I haven’t seen or read anything from either.

I don‘t feel hatred, I just have no sympathy for her as I think she’s a gold digger who is pissed she’s not a Princess, which was the end game…imo

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No you're wrong.

The way South Park destroyed them there's been FAR more support for mocking and laughing at them than people rushing to their defence.

You live in a bubble.

Never been one to gauge the opinion of the general public through cartoons, but each to his own.

It's very generational, younger people very supportive of them. Support of the Royal Family (like Brexit) isn't what it used to be and younger generations don't have an issue with a couple sticking two fingers up. They also view their method of communication quite normal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have heard and seen Megane speak, I am not a fan, is that OK with you? I have zero interest in the Mail and Morgan as I haven’t seen or read anything from either.

I don‘t feel hatred, I just have no sympathy for her as I think she’s a gold digger who is pissed she’s not a Princess, which was the end game…imo
Ok, fair enough, you base your " No sympathy " on your own unbiased opinion.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok, fair enough, you base your " No sympathy " on your own unbiased opinion.
And your opinion is based on your relationship with Megane :rolleyes:

Neither of us have anything other than opinions on what we see and read, stop being a twat :smile:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Back to Clarkson, he's a very nuanced individual. So supportive of the EU he made anti leave vote promos and always wanted us to adopt the Euro.

As for the rest, we all know that. But as for the Daily Mail reading, conservative right wing "gammon" he is often portrayed as... no he is far more complex than that.

However as the quite brilliant journalist he is, I'm not sure he believes half of what he writes and neither should we.

I had a conversation with a very politically correct TV and radio producer once who couldn't stand "the act" (because that's what it often is), but would readily admit as a programme maker he is a genius.

That era of Top Gear clearly went on too long, but if Clarkson's Farm was on one of the major channels it would be winning awards left right and centre.

It's a brilliant bit of telly.

It's also easy to forget how big Top Gear was globally under him. During its peak it was being simulcast abroad at the same time as the UK.

In terms of television it was one of the UK's most successful exports and you don't do that by accident.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here