Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Clarke starts for Derby against Huddersfield tonight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Feel sorry for Clarke . You could tell when he asked about it he isn’t that chuffed as he said he was settled at Portsmouth .

Bit harsh what we’ve done in my opinion

It’s best for the club yes but not the move he was sold to leave Pompey

Hopefully will work our for everyone though

What? How did you work that out? He's taken a big pay rise - playing a division higher than Portsmouth. I am very certain he'd have been made aware of the plan when signed

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well that was not the best of performances by my beloved team. Struggled to create chances there but some decent bits in the game

I am not sure if the manager is trying to play the Wagner way or not. Be an interesting season.

Back to supporting my soft southern shandy drinking blouse wearing team. Have they signed anyone this window yet?

Huddersfield have problems with scoring goals. The commentator made two telling comments when your late subs were introduced. When Kachunga entered the field, he pointed out that he'd scored once in his last 42 appearances and as Quaner came on, he told us that he had not scored since April 2017. What do you reckon? Mid table to lower?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Huddersfield have problems with scoring goals. The commentator made two telling comments when your late subs were introduced. When Kachunga entered the field, he pointed out that he'd scored once in his last 42 appearances and as Quaner came on, he told us that he had not scored since April 2017. What do you reckon? Mid table to lower?

That is a nonsense stat, in regard to Quaner. He scored four times in the second half of last season. Just not for Huddersfield.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

There was also the stat shown (but I can't remember which Town player it was) of 0 wins in the last 18 starts. I guess that's 0 from 19 now...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I wouldn’t - doubt that’s the case at all - club would have known he was going to be put out on loan before they signed him and would have told him so. He’ll have had a big pay rise, and Derby is a step up from the ****s, preparing him better for the PL.

You would have thought but he certainly didn't come across that way in his post match interview. He sounded pretty pissed off about it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The new owner is not short of a bob or two so they will look to strengthen, but scoring goals wa s the problem last season and to be honest the season before that. I would think mid to outside the playoffs this season, but that is a very good division. I watched a few games this weekend and the football is actually pretty good.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think there is any chance of Huddersfield being in the play-offs. It was a poor team which luckily got promoted, a dire team which somehow stayed up and a pathetic team which was deservedly relegated last season. The squad this season hasn't been improved and is packed full of the tame losers signed in the Premier League, picking up the cash money without any real interest in either the club, or the league. Coupled with a manager who appears to be short of an idea or two, and it's a recipe for Sunderland mark 2.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow...
I don't think there is any chance of Huddersfield being in the play-offs. It was a poor team which luckily got promoted, a dire team which somehow stayed up and a pathetic team which was deservedly relegated last season. The squad this season hasn't been improved and is packed full of the tame losers signed in the Premier League, picking up the cash money without any real interest in either the club, or the league. Coupled with a manager who appears to be short of an idea or two, and it's a recipe for Sunderland mark 2.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Interesting. What did he say? I can’t find the video anywhere.

Can't remember exactly but something along the lines of yes its been a bit of an upheaval for me I was nicely settled down south.

Nothing out of order, just didn't strike me as he was expecting it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
New home for Hemed? Loan chance for Connolly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here