Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarke Carlisle fighting for his life

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Which link said it was (or elsewhere)? I must have missed it, only saw reference to his previous admission of having suicidal thoughts when suffering acute depression...

There are a fair few (unconfirmed, but generally collaborative) reports going around which would suggest a suicide attempt, as would reading between the lines of most of the media releases. Whether it turns out to be the case or not: Christmas can be such a tough time for people who struggle with depression and mental health issues anyway. I can't imagine how hard it must be if you're suffering through life, to watch everyone else enjoying themselves and having to endure the general presumption that December is one long party.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure the BBC said he was " Fighting for his life " earlier ? ah well, sounds like it's not as bad as first feared.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's been reported that he was a pedestrian. Without knowing the facts it does point to a suicide attempt

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I really hope he pulls though....wasn't he once voted the most intelligent footballer in a university vote...Pull through Clarke....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great news for him and his family/friends. I was wondering the other day how he was getting on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here