Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claridge Kicks Off

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I liked this viewer comment best :lolol:

I really miss all the coverage you used to give on Newcastle last season, I know they are in the premiership now - but why not have 10 minutes each programme devoted to how they are getting on? Failing that, 20 minutes on Cardiff City and Craig Bellamy is nowhere near enough. Why not forget about the League One and Two clubs and give us an extra 30 minutes about Craig Bellamy.

Do you think Claridge will pick up on the sarcasm there?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Steve Claridge you are an embarassment, you can't talk properly half of the time, what you do say is usually badly researched and factually incorrect (Brighton are away this weekend, not home), a lazy generalisation (I notice several Posh fans have had to set you straight on Frecklington), you're prone to overreaction (calling for Swansea's Gorka Pintado to be banned for 3 months last season for what only amounted to a clumsy tackle) and zero personality. I resent the fact that my taxpayer's money by way of the Licence Fee actually contributes to put money in your pocket.

The Football League Show is not much cop at best, but you always manage to take it down a level with your presence. BBC, when are you going to wake up and see sense?
Say what you mean.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Having been able to d/l and watch a few recent shows of THe Football league show I have to say how is this guy in a job?

He speaks quite poorly.

Leroy Rosenior on the other hand speaks incredibly well and seems to know his stuff better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dick of the highest order. Sorry but how can someone like him have a career as a pundit? Absolutely clueless.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There was an incident a while back, I'm sure it was picked up on here as well, where Claridge was insistent that he knew the correct rules regarding an issue. Anyway, as a referee i knew said rule, and picked up on the fact that he was wrong, but it was his arrogance at the fact he continued to think he was correct despite being questioned.
Leroy Rosenior seems to know his stuff, and I'm a fan of Mark Clemmits little part that he gets each week. Jake Humphrey(s?) would be the best man for it in my eyes, Manish is a bit, dull.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
sorry,me no understand Bellend, Man at work said that Man City were going to name their stand their Bell End but changed their mind

ED_anatomy.jpg

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
There was an incident a while back, I'm sure it was picked up on here as well, where Claridge was insistent that he knew the correct rules regarding an issue. Anyway, as a referee i knew said rule, and picked up on the fact that he was wrong, but it was his arrogance at the fact he continued to think he was correct despite being questioned.
Leroy Rosenior seems to know his stuff, and I'm a fan of Mark Clemmits little part that he gets each week. Jake Humphrey(s?) would be the best man for it in my eyes, Manish is a bit, dull.

Is this referring to the Rochdale incident? Because his face when all those emails came in :laugh:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i agree he is very poor but i quite like the format of the fls, itv's coverage was absolute wank in comparison.

ideally i'd go for big leroy rosenior(sp) that jake bloke from the f1 and just have some bit of skirt who can actually read doing the texts and emails, i'm thinking short skirt, cleveage and come to bed eyes.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i agree he is very poor but i quite like the format of the fls, itv's coverage was absolute wank in comparison.

ideally i'd go for big leroy rosenior(sp) that jake bloke from the f1 and just have some bit of skirt who can actually read doing the texts and emails, i'm thinking short skirt, cleveage and come to bed eyes.

I take it you don't watch too much television if you think the FLS format is ok. What exactly is the point of the emails. Halfwits and kids sending emails just to get their name read out on television. What they should do is ignore comments from idiots (thats the emails and Claridge) and perhaps go into more detail about issues such as goal line technology, encroachment at penalties etc etc.

Claridge was never man enough to admit his balls up regarding the ball being active when the ref blows his whistle, he got the dumb blond to do it for him.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
The combination of strong opinions and being a bit of a thicko is not a good quality. Unfortunately Claridge has it in spades.

My physio used to play with Gordon Greer and has played under Claridge.

He assures me that Gordon is a top man thus proving his character assessments.

He does not say the same about SC.

I don't watch the FL show, but I do occasionally hear him on 5 live. His co-commentary can occasionally be insightful (I suspect because he has time to think about what he's going to say) but is generally inane and boring, and when he hosts 606 he is hilarious. He defends players to the hilt, and his rant about how England's players could not be expected to perform without proper (by which he seemingly meant; let their egos run wild) instruction from the manager was hilarious, especially when he was picked to pieces by various callers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here