Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapham Junction as well now

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Oh well, it had to come to my area, didn't it? Debenhams across the road from Clapham Junction has been looted for two hours now apparently, and they are running up Lavender Hill. Thankfully, I'm about three quarters of a mile away, though I'm in Sussex tonight, and a bit concerned about my flat. BBC reports said businesses in Northcote Road were closed, and Adrian Mills, ex-That's Life presenter said one of his restaurants had been attacked, with kids running up and down the street. Clapham Gull, if you read this, are things okay in Balham? Heard Ken Livingstone spouting garbage on BBC News, and wanted to throw something at the television. If anything makes me want to campaign to get Boris re-elected, that man does.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Oh well, it had to come to my area, didn't it? Debenhams across the road from Clapham Junction has been looted for two hours now apparently, and they are running up Lavender Hill. Thankfully, I'm about three quarters of a mile away, though I'm in Sussex tonight, and a bit concerned about my flat. BBC reports said businesses in Northcote Road were closed, and Adrian Mills, ex-That's Life presenter said one of his restaurants had been attacked, with kids running up and down the street. Clapham Gull, if you read this, are things okay in Balham? Heard Ken Livingstone spouting garbage on BBC News, and wanted to throw something at the television. If anything makes me want to campaign to get Boris re-elected, that man does.

True..but Boris isnt exactly covering himself in glory is he ? !

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
True..but Boris isnt exactly covering himself in glory is he ? !

Read my last line again. If there was a better alternative, I'd consider voting for him/her. Anyone has to be better than Livingstone though. The man talks complete and utter garbage. I'm no Daily Mail supporter, but when I hear the complete tosh the Left come out with, trying to excuse these criminals, the more I think the Daily Mail may be right. Also, I am no defender of this government, Conservative or no Conservative, but this has nothing to do with deprivation. It is pure and simple criminality and lack of respect for authority.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm just off northcote. Police copter overhead for last hour. Can hear the alarms from st. Johns road. Think they looted the lot.

Where is your place? I'm up on Bolingbroke Grove, though in Sussex tonight. Normally we're okay; it's the areas to the north of Clapham Junction where you get trouble.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
f***ing hell whats the bet it moves up to London bridge where i am! Keep safe guys

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Should be ok there. I'm in chatto the otherside of webbs rd. Was in Brighton this morning, wish I was there now. It's pretty ugly, but I think it's just looters looking at the news. A bit of rain would help.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Sky News reporter was there with his mobile at the time, got footage as it was kicking off. Kids 'having a laugh' as they smashed up Lavender Hill. Our friends live in Nansen Road, just behind it. Very worrying.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
bbc news saying some residents of clapham being told to evacuate. hellium in fancy dress shop.

Trouble is people always get it wrong over Clapham. The area around Clapham Junction is actually in Battersea, with the SW11 postcode, whereas Clapham is a mile away, with the SW4 postcode. This will be causing worry and confusion to some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here