Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting scenes on my street last night. There's a chap on my road in his late 70's who has been a very active campaigner on local issues in recent years, he step out and shouted "would anyone who voted Tory please get back in their house..."

A few did. I do wonder how long before this clapping gets political. Personally I'd prefer if it didn't...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Interesting scenes on my street last night. There's a chap on my road in his late 70's who has been a very active campaigner on local issues in recent years, he step out and shouted "would anyone who voted Tory please get back in their house..."

A few did. I do wonder how long before this clapping gets political. Personally I'd prefer if it didn't...

Shame on him for making it political. Whatever his politics.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
After a perceived gradual decline in noise levels in the 2 previous weeks, last night was definitely the loudest, and busiest yet round our way.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Could really do without the fireworks. Takes forever to prise the cat from behind the bed.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Could really do without the fireworks. Takes forever to prise the cat from behind the bed.
Last week in Patcham a cat, terrified by the noise of the fireworks (aided by the general clapping/banging) ran into the road and was killed by a car. I made sure ours we in this week as I saw them belting up the garden as the noise started, terrified. On that note, why does Carden Avenue start slightly earlier than 8pm? Are they on a slightly different time zone?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Last week in Patcham a cat, terrified by the noise of the fireworks (aided by the general clapping/banging) ran into the road and was killed by a car. I made sure ours we in this week as I saw them belting up the garden as the noise started, terrified. On that note, why does Carden Avenue start slightly earlier than 8pm? Are they on a slightly different time zone?

Luckily, the clapping drives ours in but the firework terrifies him.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Better turnout yet again where I am last night. A few people do appear to have fallen by the wayside in doing it, but new people have certainly discovered it and the numbers up the road for me and down seemed greater. No fireworks, but car horns were going.

Last night was the second time I've been the one to start it as well where I am as well. My phone goes to 8pm and I'm the only one clapping and everyone therefore follows suit. :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You’re a liar, you’d love it if it got political. Shame on you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Good on him ! Certainly has a point

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Unlike previous weeks, thankfully no fireworks last night in our little neck of the woods on West Sussex coast.
The pleas on our local FB site seem to have been answered.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The whole ****ing world and the way we do things is turned on it's head, and people are complaining that once a week some fireworks are scaring their cat? Keep it in for 30 mins, maybe then it'll know how the rest of us feel all day every day.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Better turnout yet again where I am last night. A few people do appear to have fallen by the wayside in doing it, but new people have certainly discovered it and the numbers up the road for me and down seemed greater. No fireworks, but car horns were going.

Last night was the second time I've been the one to start it as well where I am as well. My phone goes to 8pm and I'm the only one clapping and everyone therefore follows suit. :shrug:

Maybe your phone is a little bit fast?

Either that or your neighbours see you as their leader and wait for you each week ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Maybe your phone is a little bit fast?

Either that or your neighbours see you as their leader and wait for you each week ?

On the basis that I do actually wear the hoodie below when doing it, it may actually be the latter. :blush:

s-l640.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2743181415...MIn9uFloSB6QIVkkDTCh2NCQv_EAQYASABEgIdKPD_BwE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here