Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Westminster Bridge Yesterday. This is fine, according to the police, but go for a walk in the middle of nowhere and they’ll be after you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1250915344476180480

Does seem a bit overcrowded considering all the requests to stay home and only go out for essential supplies and excercise.

Does clapping count as exercise?

Whilst I fully support the clap for carers,this group are not even keeping social distances!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Someone online said they’re clapping the nurses and doctors that’ll be treating them for Coronavirus next week.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Anything that helps people still feel part of a community and maybe their only chance to interact with others has got to be a good thing.

I am/was self-employed in an industry that for the moment is non-existent, so have taken up work as a delivery driver for some supermarket or other. Motoring through the winding crevices of London's byeways on Thursday night, it was 'proper emosh' to see folk in areas that have turned into these communities you speak of over the last month or so, clapping and banging saucepan lids (!) and cheering, lines of front-garden people lining their suburban streets, truly enjoying their weekly coming-togetherness.

As a grumpy cynic at heart, even I may have got something in my eye. Long may it continue!

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Whole heartedly agree with this gesture as a one off, now being treated as a competition to make the most noise and becoming undervalued.

Don’t feel it is being under valued at all.

As an NHS nurse myself I feel a great pride and appreciation when I hear the clapping. It really is a great way to raise morale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports