Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fantastic in the close again tonight.

People also stayed out afterwards to chat to each other and staying a safe distance apart.

I can see this as the light improves becoming a social event and invoking a war time spirit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent in BN43 area

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Oh I am all for them. But some people clapping for them is like an attacker clapping their victims first tentative steps in rehab after shattering their legs and back with a lead pipe.

I posted and then read this.

You are self centred prat of the highest order. Who is “them” exactly? If you lived with a nurse (as I do) you wouldn’t give a flying **** about anybody’s politics, you’d just want to support all the people in this country who are doing great things in this time of need.

My partner is a staunch Labour voter (as if that matters) and she was out giving it large to support all the staff on her ward who come in every day and risk the abuse they get. There is a fabulous team spirit in her hospital at the moment with everyone pulling together to do the very best they can at a time when they are needed more than ever.

Go and get a ****ing life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A better turn out in BN15 0 than last week

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Fantastic in the close again tonight.

People also stayed out afterwards to chat to each other and staying a safe distance apart.

I can see this as the light improves becoming a social event and invoking a war time spirit.

We did that, and then wondered whether it was gathering of more than two people in public!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Same,
I'm sure they'd have preferred not to have had the years of austerity and have more nurses / drs amongst them than a patronising round of applause.
This government has been a pile of shit for too long, and continues to be.
Happy to take a ban for this

I can only speak for the people who i have talked to and from what I see on this thread and your comment is so wide of the mark.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Same,
I'm sure they'd have preferred not to have had the years of austerity and have more nurses / drs amongst them than a patronising round of applause.

Another prat.

How can you say it patronising when those at the highest risk are joining in?

I love our club, I really do, but there are times when I’m ashamed of some of our supporters.....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Most people out on my street tonight, we aren't taking you for granted....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sometimes messages are obvious, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be said. Some loud cheers and rattles and fireworks in my area and from my balcony, with lil Meade Jr clapping and saying they help when people hurt, holding his arm. Glad to be out there for the seconds of togetherness.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Same,

I’m sure they’d have preferred not to have had the years of austerity too...

However the patronising round of applause comes from people, children,father’s, mother’s, grandparent’s, sick and well....

Ordinary folk expressing gratitude in simple way, not patronising at all.

Get a life.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Caught me on the hop a bit as I wasn't aware it was happening weekly and thought last week was a one off. Did just about get to the window in time and another decent reception in Haywards Heath.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Thanks. The utter hypocrisy of some people needs pointing out.

Have to say I don't agree with a great deal of what you say on here but I'm fully with you on this. How many clappers making a racket about it on here were loudly booing junior doctors a couple of years ago. If I could be bothered I'd go back to those threads for a bit of naming and shaming. Embarrassing levels of hypocrisy at worst, petty fickle nonsense at best.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Have to say I don't agree with a great deal of what you say on here but I'm fully with you on this. How many clappers making a racket about it on here were loudly booing junior doctors a couple of years ago. If I could be bothered I'd go back to those threads for a bit of naming and shaming. Embarrassing levels of hypocrisy at worst, petty fickle nonsense at best.

I don’t know mate. How many?

Because you clearly know the answer.....

Oh but you can’t be bothered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports