Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Miserable feckers in our street. Out of about 20 houses I think only about 5 bothered :down:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Virtually the whole Close out again. Only one clown decided a vuvuzela was a good idea [emoji23][emoji23]

Meanwhile in London :

[tweet]1245789049585053701[/tweet]

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Very impressive in Truro. Mistimed our walk to Tesco, but the clapping and banging continued as we walked the length of the main road, and it could be heard into the distance, along with cars hooting and seagulls flying in circles and shouting because they didn't know WTF was going on!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Miserable feckers in our street. Out of about 20 houses I think only about 5 bothered :down:

Can't assume that everyone knows. I only found out fifteen minutes before.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is this happening again tonight? Feels like a mistake to me.

I was in two minds about it last week but was happily surprised by the way it was embraced by all who live round here and it was actually quite uplifting and felt quite defiant as the applause rang out through the darkness. But I can't help but feel this will suffer from the law of dimishing returns if it is to become a weekly 'event'. Definitely one for the serial Facebookers looking for 38 seconds worth of garbage to film and upload. (All in shaky portrait aspect, obvs.)

Well, let's hope the NHS workers and the people keeping the country running don't get bored of battling Coronavirus once the novelty wears off...

I think we can probably all manage to say 'thanks' for a minute a week for as long as it lasts. :clap2:

Jul 7, 2003
My son and I were out for our evening walk and got the timing slightly wrong. The last two minutes walk up our road was accompanied by many of our neighbours standing in their front gardens clapping as we walked past.

We decided to style it out by waving back to everyone:blush:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was nice. 75% turnout on our cul de sac.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here