Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a bunch of bollocks this is. It's just not British.

(Always god to have an opposing opinion … someone to disagree with the lemmings)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

(Always god to have an opposing opinion … someone to disagree with the lemmings)

I know, that god bloke, always bucks the trend!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clackers For Our Carers anyone?

Always thought they might come in handy one day. Clackers, that is. Only not for Play-Offs...

20200402_103330.jpg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

At least now it’s still light at 8pm you don’t have to turn the lights off to pretend you’re not at home to avoid being clap shamed by the neighbours who are out with their vuvuzelas and kazoos (bongos in Hanover)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
On again tonight gang, and every Thursday until we beat this thing. Let the binfest(ival) commence.....

Thanks for the heads up. My wife and I are usually on the home straight of our nightly excercise walk at 8pm.

If this had managed to escape us we might have got paranoid that it was all being directed at us and they were sarcastically clapping us for being irresponsible by venturing out unnecessarilly.

I suppose anyone that wants that end of marathon experience without having to go through the exertions of actually running one can simply go for a quick jog to the end of their road at that time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is this happening again tonight? Feels like a mistake to me.

I was in two minds about it last week but was happily surprised by the way it was embraced by all who live round here and it was actually quite uplifting and felt quite defiant as the applause rang out through the darkness. But I can't help but feel this will suffer from the law of dimishing returns if it is to become a weekly 'event'. Definitely one for the serial Facebookers looking for 38 seconds worth of garbage to film and upload. (All in shaky portrait aspect, obvs.)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I was in two minds about it last week but was happily surprised by the way it was embraced by all who live round here and it was actually quite uplifting and felt quite defiant as the applause rang out through the darkness. But I can't help but feel this will suffer from the law of dimishing returns if it is to become a weekly 'event'. Definitely one for the serial Facebookers looking for 38 seconds worth of garbage to film and upload. (All in shaky portrait aspect, obvs.)

I for one know how well it was received by NHS staff so keep it going, once a week for 1 minute... does not seem much to ask does it ? !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll be out there again tonight, making a row over Withdean. I was tempted to do something special but will keep it for next week or the week after when we may need a little lift. This week is for the NHS (of course) , the woman who served me at Asda, the two guys who took away my recycling and the people at Newhaven who are unloading the boats for us to get our mange tout from Egypt :clap:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It can't do any harm and it might just do some good. Time to suspend cynicism and come together as much as we can. Stay 2 metres apart though

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I know what you mean, but I would be seriously stunned if you aren't there tonight ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports