Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clackers for Derby

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A cauldron of noise?? A cauldron of clacking more like!! No thank you!!

I disagree....I think they work. The noise levels are tremendous with them and it's not about the fans really. The players hear it and they get spurred on when the noise levels increase. It's a great psychological encouragement for them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I disagree....I think they work. The noise levels are tremendous with them and it's not about the fans really. The players hear it and they get spurred on when the noise levels increase. It's a great psychological encouragement for them

Couldn't disagree more, they are appalling.

Perhaps we should introduce goal music, a drum and vuvuzelas......

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I know you weren't yet an Albion fan when we played palace in the play-offs, but look into the reasons why we in particular are so against them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having seen what a TREMENDOUS effect clackers have had on Leicester's season, I think we should all come wielding these to help us make the AMEX a CALDERON of noise for 90 minutes.

attachment.php

I shall be bringing these two and THWACKING them together to make a right old RACKET.
:lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sweaty nervous palms don't make much noise! Still got my clacker from the Palace game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I know you weren't yet an Albion fan when we played palace in the play-offs, but look into the reasons why we in particular are so against them.

Most fans at most clubs hate them and perhaps at Brighton more so; All I say is that I think it motivates the players and if it motivates them to 3 points even better

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Most fans at most clubs hate them and perhaps at Brighton more so; All I say is that I think it motivates the players and if it motivates them to 3 points even better

Maybe it does, but it's soulless and (in our case) will forever more be linked to the day we'd love to forget.
Leicester can have their tinpot Americanised crap to go along with their legions of plastic fans and legacy of cheating their way to the summit.

Agenda? Moi?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[emoji106]

The players rarely hear the noise other than when there is a break in play.

That's not true at all. I often speak with players after matches. Not just here at Brighton but at other clubs and they frequently mention the noise and the atmosphere - What your suggesting is that when they are booed when performing badly, they don't hear that either. If so whats the point in supporting and cheering them on if they don't hear anything.

This isn't worth arguing about. W just have to agree to disagree on this issue which as I said before isn't a bad thing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's not true at all. I often speak with players after matches. Not just here at Brighton but at other clubs and they frequently mention the noise and the atmosphere - What your suggesting is that when they are booed when performing badly, they don't hear that either. If so whats the point in supporting and cheering them on if they don't hear anything.

This isn't worth arguing about. W just have to agree to disagree on this issue which as I said before isn't a bad thing.

It's a discussion not an argument [emoji2]

That's fair enough, but I've also spoken to ex-players and played in front of a thousand plus quite a few times, and you simply block it out because you should be concentrating.

As you say it's okay to disagree but nothing will convince me clackers are a good thing.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'm OK with the them, Leicester have had them at home near every game and ain't done them too badly this season. I think people don't like them cause of the palace debarcle.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Blue and white proper Streamers not adding Machine rolls as they can hurt toilet rolls okay as long as you take them out of the packs.
Loads Of Ballon's
Or just make loads of noise please and remember somone has to clean up afterwards.:O:O:clap::clap::bounce::bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here