Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I guess you can see why young English managers are easily expended too a foreign person with experience.

Chelsea in the final after beating Real Madrid, but a few weeks ago where only the woodwork saved them from defeat to Brighton.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I believe the final is set for Istanbul ? Pity it is not Paris and as The Beach Boys have sung 'Wouldn't it have been Nice'. To see Macron having to hand the trophy over to an English side..:thumbsup::clap:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I thought Chelsea looked very good value for that, and Real Madrid surprisingly poor in comparison. Still hard to see past Citeh in the final, but you never know.

The second all-English final in three years - is that a reflection of the strength of the Premier League or the decline of the traditional European superpowers? The likes of Barca of Madrid in particular look like they've got one hell of a rebuilding job to do with their ageing squards, no easy task with the massive cost of major stadium redevelopments hanging around their neck.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought Chelsea looked very good value for that, and Real Madrid surprisingly poor in comparison. Still hard to see past Citeh in the final, but you never know.

The second all-English final in three years - is that a reflection of the strength of the Premier League or the decline of the traditional European superpowers? The likes of Barca of Madrid in particular look like they've got one hell of a rebuilding job to do with their ageing squards, no easy task with the massive cost of major stadium redevelopments hanging around their neck.

And tomorrow Arsenal could make it an all England European affair if they can score and not concede!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I believe the final is set for Istanbul ? Pity it is not Paris and as The Beach Boys have sung 'Wouldn't it have been Nice'. To see Macron having to hand the trophy over to an English side..:thumbsup::clap:

10 days ago these ****ers we’re trying to kill our league, they should have been chucked out then. I can’t believe people seem to have forgotten this already, screw these sides, I will not watch this final and I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
10 days ago these ****ers we’re trying to kill our league, they should have been chucked out then. I can’t believe people seem to have forgotten this already, screw these sides, I will not watch this final and I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow.

People haven't forgotten but it should be rammed down their throats that they are in the final because of what they have done on the pitch and not because of some concocted deal dreamt up in the boardroom.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has Ian Darke ever been to The Emirates before he just mentioned there being a fantastic atmosphere with 50k Arsenal fans in the stadium :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have Arsenal's names and numbers been this shite all season, or is it just Euroshiteness?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would Bissouma - with all his talent - want to join an Arsenal team that is a steaming pile of shit?

Knocked out by their former manager Unai Emery. Piss poor.

And no European football for the first time in 25 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would Bissouma - with all his talent - want to join an Arsenal team that is a steaming pile of shit?

Knocked out by their former manager Unai Emery. Piss poor.

And no European football for the first time in 25 years.

One of the 12 best teams in all of Europe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fourth in the EPL.
Champs League qualification.

Not only seems a long time ago, but also a long way away.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking forward to Rangers vs Malmö tonight. Malmö won the first game 2-1.

Fun trivia is that about 10 years ago, they also met in the CL qualifiers. Malmö very surprisingly won and Rangers missed out on £10m+... which meant bankruptcy for them.

So a litte bit of history and symbolism in that game. Will be very interesting to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here