Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, not bothered especially with all the PL games on atm some of which I also don't have either the time or desire to watch.

I am old school in that I regard the competition as devalued and less entertaining since it became a so called champions league which was comprised mostly from teams who weren't champions. Knock out football is way more exciting anyway.

Indeed it is. Trouble is though excitement isn't as important a profitability.

Excitement doesn't pay players 200,000 pounds per week. And without this where would we be?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great game of football - 2 very good sides. Glad a side with some England players have made it to the final. It gets good at semi stage the CL.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Christ, PSG are a total embarrassment. As soon as the chips are down, they collectively lose their shit and start acting like bratty kids. Not a fan of City by any means but very funny to see PSG self-destruct again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
PSG schooled by City, and their players lost the plot completely, lucky to have 10 on the pitch at the end. Actually felt a bit sorry for Pochettino..........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Two epic semi-final ties that, most enjoyable. Two teams properly going at each other, end-to-end stuff over both legs, no cagey tactical shite whatsoever.

They don't half lose their shit when they're losing though. I was convinced Verratti was going to get sent off, he completely lost it when Di Maria was sent off, even though it was as clear a red you could ever see. Felt a bit sorry for Pochettino, his players lost their heads and let him down again.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very rare for me to enjoy a non Albion game as much. All credit to Paris in 1st half. Never seen a side take game to city like that. Also showed City just as good at defending when it is needed. Dont think any game in a ESL would be played with that intensity.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looking at Real, how much could Bale add to this side?
How isn’t he their star player? Him and ZZ must have had one hell of a row.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The decision to bin off Fat Frankie is looking better and better with every kick. They’re a different side under Tuchel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here