Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Looks like the average non-win match thread here tbh. Nothing new.

Yeah, pretty much exactly what I was going to say. The idea you'll get an idea of a fanbases overall view from the match thread on their forum is silly. It would be like an opposition fan coming on here and selectively quoting Junior, Tim Hark, Zebedee and Guinness Boy opinions and passing them off as our thoughts on the whole.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Reading the papers this morning, I missed something because everyone saw promising signs & immediate improvements. Chelsea must have been bloody awful before if that’s true!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No. But what is new is that he's now got a high-profile billion pound team to mould into something useful - and he has to do it PDQ. Early indications, as most predicted, is that he will do well to be granted the time to do that in front of the entitled bunch of dicks who (it would appear) are already mildly embarrassed that they have got the "Brighton manager" in charge now.

GP + Chelsea FC are about as good a fit as a Boris Johnson suit.

I watched the game last night and he has some serious work to do with that side and not sure he has the type of players to fit his preferred system. Then take the Sterling situation there is a world of difference from asking Trossard to play that role for the team and a Raheem Sterling playing for a place at the World Cup with Southgate at the game. He looked pissed off last night.

There is a reason the top managers are usually pricks, you have to have very thick skin or a very strong CV to manage players with huge egos who won’t hesitate to throw you under a bus alongside the entitled fan bases.

It looks like a match made in hell for Potter

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I watched the game last night and he has some serious work to do with that side and not sure he has the type of players to fit his preferred system. Then take the Sterling situation there is a world of difference from asking Trossard to play that role for the team and a Raheem Sterling playing for a place at the World Cup with Southgate at the game. He looked pissed off last night.

There is a reason the top managers are usually pricks, you have to have very thick skin or a very strong CV to manage players with huge egos who won’t hesitate to throw you under a bus alongside the entitled fan bases.

It looks like a match made in hell for Potter

Sterling always looks like that. Reason why Pep had enough.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gone by Easter.
The club will revert to type.
He will manage us again at some point.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It was, unfortunately. Weakest shit I've smoked in a while.

It might be you're getting tolerant... that's why I stopped circa 2001 after the space yoghurt 'trip' incident. I was stoned for weeks after that... That's when I discovered Cat Stevens and herbal tea...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It might be you're getting tolerant... that's why I stopped circa 2001 after the space yoghurt 'trip' incident. I was stoned for weeks after that... That's when I discovered Cat Stevens and herbal tea...

Your tolerance should be over by now then...

Don't smoke a lot these days so couldn't have been the problem. Just bad stuff.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Your tolerance should be over by now then...

Don't smoke a lot these days so couldn't have been the problem. Just bad stuff.

I toured the universe and beyond that night, a bottle of red wine, gin, cigars and then eating a yoghurt with enough shit in it to get 5 people mashed (not my words, but the words of the 'chef') - I went into orbit, only when it took about 20mins to pick up a glass of water did it hit me that I was in trouble... my housemates were very worried... When I came round they'd been taking it in shifts to watch me, literally in fear I might die.

I never wished to repeat that moment... It wasn't good. Well it was at first, I flew high survived and came back to earth... I think I was pretty lucky tbh.

A cautionary tale for sure.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I toured the universe and beyond that night, a bottle of red wine, gin, cigars and then eating a yoghurt with enough shit in it to get 5 people mashed (not my words, but the words of the 'chef') - I went into orbit, only when it took about 20mins to pick up a glass of water did it hit me that I was in trouble... my housemates were very worried... When I came round they'd been taking it in shifts to watch me, literally in fear I might die.

I never wished to repeat that moment... It wasn't good. Well it was at first, I flew high survived and came back to earth... I think I was pretty lucky tbh.

A cautionary tale for sure.

A little bout of massive death anxiety now and then is all part of the charm.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A little bout of massive death anxiety now and then is all part of the charm.

It's really not and it's not cool... I was chasing imagined rock and roll glories, searching for father figures among the legends... I was wrong, I wish I'd been strong enough just to be myself no matter how other people perceived me... alas I was a shy person, trying my best to look cool in a world (or so I understood) to contain people WAY cooler than me.

They weren't the best days of my life, they were and remain lost to me... I'm glad that night happened though, as it showed me two alternatives and I grasped at the one that's led me to be a father of two wonderful kids and husband to a beautiful woman... I grew up that night, I found I'd strayed too far from the path... there in the darkness, there be monsters.

This is not a sermon however, your life, your choice.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's really not and it's not cool... I was chasing imagined rock and roll glories, searching for father figures among the legends... I was wrong, I wish I'd been strong enough just to be myself no matter how other people perceived me... alas I was a shy person, trying my best to look cool in a world (or so I understood) to contain people WAY cooler than me.

They weren't the best days of my life, they were and remain lost to me... I'm glad that night happened though, as it showed me two alternatives and I grasped at the one that's led me to be a father of two wonderful kids and husband to a beautiful woman... I grew up that night, I found I'd strayed too far from the path... there in the darkness, there be monsters.

This is not a sermon however, your life, your choice.

Well, I know it actually isn't cool... its quite horrible.

I remember during peak Covid I bought some proper too good stuff, smoking it in my dirty apartment in Gothenburg, feeling very strange and feeling forced to stand up for 30 minutes or so, walking around in my apartment with my hand on my neck to see where my pulse was going... thinking the weed had been spiked with something and that I might very well die, and if I called an ambulance they would have a lot to do, and it would take time and I would die in my shameful, dirty apartment.

It happened a few times... lasting for 30 minutes or an hour, but then it blew over and whattaya do... you roll another. A man got to sleep.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, I know it actually isn't cool... its quite horrible.

I remember during peak Covid I bought some proper too good stuff, smoking it in my dirty apartment in Gothenburg, feeling very strange and feeling forced to stand up for 30 minutes or so, walking around in my apartment with my hand on my neck to see where my pulse was going... thinking the weed had been spiked with something and that I might very well die, and if I called an ambulance they would have a lot to do, and it would take time and I would die in my shameful, dirty apartment.

It happened a few times... lasting for 30 minutes or an hour, but then it blew over and whattaya do... you roll another. A man got to sleep.

Look after yourself Swanny, joking and arguments about GP etc. aside... I think it's a good thing for you to spend time on here... I would stick around, as you do provide a lot of decent contributions around football in general... maybe in time you'll be able to grow to love the Albion just a little ? :)

Give the apartment a clean too... lol.

ps - you're not the former bass player from Swedish heavy rockers Graveyard are you ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Look after yourself Swanny, joking and arguments about GP etc. aside... I think it's a good thing for you to spend time on here... I would stick around, as you do provide a lot of decent contributions around football in general... maybe in time you'll be able to grow to love the Albion just a little ? :)

Give the apartment a clean too... lol.

ps - you're not the former bass player from Swedish heavy rockers Graveyard are you ?

Who knows. :)

The apartment is gone... thank God.

No, I'm not. If I could play bass I would be ****ing a woman now, not chatting about Brighton etc..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here