[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really dont like Real Madrid or Liverpool and also really dont care who win the game, but I find it very fun that City got knocked out. We take the positives.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Strangely enough this guy was scheduled to lodge with us when the Albion were getting him over from Ireland. He cried off claiming homesickness. Didn’t stop him going to Forest though!

So it's your bloody fault eh, he couldn't get his head round that three team combo you got going on....
And thought were a strange lot down in Sussex, when all along it is someone from Norwich undermining us again.
:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuinely I only just found out that Mansour’s Sportswashers were knocked out. With the other disgusting owners/ownership model PSG, zero Champions of Europe. There’s still a football karma.

I feel sorry for Grealish.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not keen on Liverpool but it was only a year ago that Real Madrid were trying to destroy competitive football, AND THEY STILL ARE. No way can I want them to win anything. On this one occasion I hope Liverpool beat them, and I think they will.

Are you referring to the European Super League that Liverpool were one of the main driving forces behind? That European Super League?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Truly UNBEARABLE plastics for me.

Yeah I know all the big 6 have them, but honestly, Liverpool are now the KINGS of plastics. I feel physically revolted at their stolen empty glory. I know a couple of them, and they do nothing but bask in their fake adoration of a football club they've never been within a hundred miles of.

Yes, I am getting old and cantankerous, and I find my tolerance levels for this kind of shit dropping off a cliff. F*ck Liverpool, I hope they get absolutely HUMPED in the final.

Also, more than any of the other big 6 clubs, they seem to take criticism of their club personally. You can have a pop at any of the others and generally the response will vary from a "**** off" through to a reluctant agreement depending on what is being said, but literally ANYTHING negative about Liverpool and it's as if you've insulted their sainted mother. Anyone who takes their football that personally isn't to be trusted IMHO.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don't get all the fuss laughing at who lost or deserves it more or all the fuss about "plastic fans". When growing up without any family interest and influence at all around football I was an under 10 Full Kit Wanker Ipswich fan due to Bobby Robson's genius and also loved watching Liverpool in Europe after school. I seemed to have missed the Albion FA Cup participation entirely somehow due to my love of Action Man at the time and only really discovered my true belonging at the Albion from firstly following my local team at 14 then going with same mates to the Goldstone from 15 when the love truly blossomed. And all through the lower league years, as a young fan, who didn't have a second team to watch on MOTD? I guess many middle aged fans still support those teams from their youth when Albion were lower league (I won't say shite as I loved those years).

Nowadays outside of the Albion I have no second teams and am supporting whoever I have backed at the bookies for that game :thumbsup: In this case, City let me down :rant:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Also, more than any of the other big 6 clubs, they seem to take criticism of their club personally. You can have a pop at any of the others and generally the response will vary from a "**** off" through to a reluctant agreement depending on what is being said, but literally ANYTHING negative about Liverpool and it's as if you've insulted their sainted mother. Anyone who takes their football that personally isn't to be trusted IMHO.

When I was a kid Man United were superb, and I hated them, everyone hated them. So they put 'Hated, Adored, but never ignored' everywhere and relished in their hated status. Liverpool just want everyone to like them, they're annoying as hell. When they've sat in the home end at Brighton game, they think they have a given right to be there, where as when its been other clubs, they sit there quietly or end up being dragged out in a flurry of fists. I don't get why they want their team to be liked, if they didn't cheat all the time I would appreciate them, but they do. I will give exception to some of the scouse fans I've met in Liverpool at away games, but even then the majority of people there have no idea who half our squad is and were in complete shock that their holiday trip had been ruined by Enock and Leo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liverpool just want everyone to like them, they're annoying as hell.

Agreed. I've known a few plastics who genuinely seem to have Main Character Syndrome - as in, they act as though Liverpool is the ultimate protagonist that we should all be cheering for. It's quite odd to watch.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Couldn't give a flying farquar about any of it, It was however entertaining.

don't care who wins the final, impossible to feel sorry for anyone involved.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When I was a kid Man United were superb, and I hated them, everyone hated them. So they put 'Hated, Adored, but never ignored' everywhere and relished in their hated status. Liverpool just want everyone to like them, they're annoying as hell. When they've sat in the home end at Brighton game, they think they have a given right to be there, where as when its been other clubs, they sit there quietly or end up being dragged out in a flurry of fists. I don't get why they want their team to be liked, if they didn't cheat all the time I would appreciate them, but they do. I will give exception to some of the scouse fans I've met in Liverpool at away games, but even then the majority of people there have no idea who half our squad is and were in complete shock that their holiday trip had been ruined by Enock and Leo.

Living in Merseyside I know a fair few Liverpool and Everton fans. Mostly they are very well aware of and have a lot of respect for our team. It might be difficult for many to admit but it is a very knowledgeable football city. The commentators have that one correct. Your south coast Liverpool plastics are a different kettle of fish and scousers have as much contempt for them as we do.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Living in Merseyside I know a fair few Liverpool and Everton fans. Mostly they are very well aware of and have a lot of respect for our team. It might be difficult for many to admit but it is a very knowledgeable football city. The commentators have that one correct. Your south coast Liverpool plastics are a different kettle of fish and scousers have as much contempt for them as we do.

This in bundles. I lived in Liverpool during our worst years and loads of reds and blues were very clued up about us and wanted to offer support, even if it was just well-meaning words. I will never forget the cup match in 1992 (?) when we fought back from 2 nil down and almost won the game. Although our fantastic crowd had sung often the time honoured 'sign on' and 'in your Liverpool slums' songs, one to a man as they filed out they applauded us generously. That was just before I moved there and it was a gesture that partly humbled me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Truly UNBEARABLE plastics for me.

Yeah I know all the big 6 have them, but honestly, Liverpool are now the KINGS of plastics. I feel physically revolted at their stolen empty glory. I know a couple of them, and they do nothing but bask in their fake adoration of a football club they've never been within a hundred miles of.

Yes, I am getting old and cantankerous, and I find my tolerance levels for this kind of shit dropping off a cliff. F*ck Liverpool, I hope they get absolutely HUMPED in the final.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wise wise WISE words Easy. F*ck em.

:thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well, yeah.

I despise Man U as much as the rest of the country, but the Liverpool plackies have taken it to a whole new level IMO. "Their team" are the current media darlings, have been for a while, and in the process have scooped up an astonishing number of brainwashed drooling slack-jawed goons in the process. These idiotic, tragic, JJB-clad spackernackles who infest our town centre pubs on their "match days" all around the country should be rounded up, dragged out of the Greene Kings into the street screaming by the hair, and then clubbed unconscious with their own shoes in front of their families.

Just IMO, like.

Top post!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably already mentioned, but read somewhere today this this was the most damaging and hurtful result in City's 10 year history.

CE570472-5A39-4C86-B867-FF8952CD872D.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports