Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not keen on Liverpool but it was only a year ago that Real Madrid were trying to destroy competitive football, AND THEY STILL ARE. No way can I want them to win anything. On this one occasion I hope Liverpool beat them, and I think they will.

That'd be the same Liverpool who were one of the driving forces behind the whole idea, but then got cold feet at the last minute over the backlash. Don't think that they won't have their noses out of the trough with every other 'elite club' when the next mealy-mouthed bright idea comes around, which is already on the doorstep btw.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find myself conflicted: one of my best and longest mates is a Liverpool fan and regular match goer and I genuinely enjoy his love for the club and their successes. But at the same time the thought of the Brighton Kop makes me cringe so hard I nearly disappear into an infinite shame vortex of second hand embarrassment and that makes it impossible to want Liverpool to win.

I feel your cringe.

When I saw the 'Brighton Kop' on YouTube, I cringed so hard I almost ruptured a kidney. I should be able to tolerate it. There's nobody in their team I particularly dislike, although Salah is a natural-born gravity whore, but he's hardly alone in that. They play good football and are entertaining to watch. But...but...but....those fans, those plastics, that labouriously media-oiled rep. I just struggle. I really struggle.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I feel your cringe.

When I saw the 'Brighton Kop' on YouTube, I cringed so hard I almost ruptured a kidney. I should be able to tolerate it. There's nobody in their team I particularly dislike, although Salah is a natural-born gravity whore, but he's hardly alone in that. They play good football and are entertaining to watch. But...but...but....those fans, those plastics, that labouriously media-oiled rep. I just struggle. I really struggle.

Any more than what’s on show at the Amex this Saturday teatime ?🤔

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sure plenty of Liverpool plastics but also a large number of hard core fans who love their team with a passion hard to match anywhere in the world. Plenty of people could say most Brighton fans are plastics if you look at the gates now and then 15 years ago or so. Liverpool are not my second team and I don't think they are anywhere near as bad as City or United.

I would prefer Brighton to win the CL but as they are not in contention I would prefer Liverpool or RM.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sure plenty of Liverpool plastics but also a large number of hard core fans who love their team with a passion hard to match anywhere in the world. Plenty of people could say most Brighton fans are plastics if you look at the gates now and then 15 years ago or so.

My definition of a plastic Liverpool fan is one that lives in the South, goes to the pub in a replica shirt to watch LFC on the tv, this type of plastic has never been to see the team play.

I wouldn’t call a Brighton fan that actually goes to games a plastic, even if they didn’t go 15 years ago.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
City are still city underneath all that glamour and glitz.

Love it!!

I don't usually get that involved in the champions league but this is funny and ****, made my morning.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Any more than what’s on show at the Amex this Saturday teatime ?��

Well, yeah.

I despise Man U as much as the rest of the country, but the Liverpool plackies have taken it to a whole new level IMO. "Their team" are the current media darlings, have been for a while, and in the process have scooped up an astonishing number of brainwashed drooling slack-jawed goons in the process. These idiotic, tragic, JJB-clad spackernackles who infest our town centre pubs on their "match days" all around the country should be rounded up, dragged out of the Greene Kings into the street screaming by the hair, and then clubbed unconscious with their own shoes in front of their families.

Just IMO, like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
City will spin it however they want, but he was brought in to win the CL and he has failed, he has spent so much money at city and has not really come close.

He has come close....

Still....only one thing better than a team from Manchester winning....

Will enjoy a Liverpool win in the final. Proper club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, yeah.

I despise Man U as much as the rest of the country, but the Liverpool plackies have taken it to a whole new level IMO. "Their team" are the current media darlings, have been for a while, and in the process have scooped up an astonishing number of brainwashed drooling slack-jawed goons in the process. These idiotic, tragic, JJB-clad spackernackles who infest our town centre pubs on their "match days" all around the country should be rounded up, dragged out of the Greene Kings into the street screaming by the hair, and then clubbed unconscious with their own shoes in front of their families.

Just IMO, like.

Legendary work, Easy :bowdown::lolol:

My old pal, who's 78 tomorrow, red from birth, however, deserves another trophy before he recieves a visit from the council's soul collector. I can tolerate a few southern ponces in nylon replica shorts sniffing a bit of third hand glory from the comfort of a pub chain entertainment suite, in exchange for the smile on my pal's face.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 minutes 54 seconds in the end, Pep going ballistic

The ref cannot be blamed for City’s collapse but he certainly lost his nerve and impartiality in the second half of extra time. How many minutes of football were actually played? Six, maybe seven?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have three football teams. Norwich where I was born, Brighton who I have supported for 60 years and Liverpool who I have followed since 1965 but only been able to see them about 20 times in all those years due to Albion commitments.
A typically mixed season culminating with two of them have their best season ever at the cost of Norwich in one of their alternate years.
There’s nothing wrong with following several teams and I know where my allegiances lay.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Can anyone help me? When was the last time Man City had a two goal advantage,but then conceded 3 goals to lose?
It must have been against a really good side

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There’s nothing wrong with following several teams and I know where my allegiances lay.

D76D2437-D24C-403F-A274-05FFA76BC2B5.jpeg

Man city blew it, they should have won the first leg by at least two goals, maybe three, not just one. Then when under pressure in the last few minutes of normal time they tried to play their way out of trouble but Madrid won the ball back. When Madrid were under pressure in the last few minutes of extra time they didn't play pretty football they just cleared their lines. Sometimes you just need to hoof it into row Z.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Leaves us with a final the equivalent of Johnson vs Corbyn, Palace vs Middlesbrough, or a kick in the face vs a kick in the nuts. Whilst I despise the gulf-state ownership, somehow City are less annoying. Manager is less annoying than Klopp, players are less annoying, fewer annoying plastic fans, and their fans are less prone to being in either gloat or victim mode like Liverpool fans. And RM are RM - their only redeeming feature is Ancelotti.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Leaves us with a final the equivalent of Johnson vs Corbyn, Palace vs Middlesbrough, or a kick in the face vs a kick in the nuts. Whilst I despise the gulf-state ownership, somehow City are less annoying. Manager is less annoying than Klopp, players are less annoying, fewer annoying plastic fans, and their fans are less prone to being in either gloat or victim mode like Liverpool fans. And RM are RM - their only redeeming feature is Ancelotti.

I'm on the opposite side of the scale. I don't really like either club, but I'd far rather Liverpool to win than Citeh. They play (for me at least) more exciting football. City are too controlled and business-like for my liking. They're the first club where I genuinely see their players as employees with specific roles to fill. I know that all players have their instructions, but I don't see much freedom or creativity. They just pass you into submission in a fairly metronomic fashion, whereas Liverpool feel more organic as a side and a bit more bombastic in their approach. I also like Klopp as a manager slightly more and despise City's ownership.

Still, all about opinions isn't it and I'm not overly fussed either way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here