Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don't beat Juventus and Bayern by accident.

They do what they do well, very well organised. A bit old skool Italian like with the blatant time wasting but that's part of the game.

Can Liverpool find the key to unlock the door?

More likely to jimmy a back window open, I'd have thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-0

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone but Villareal. Athletico are a shithouse joy to watch. This lot are like Hughtons Brighton at the end of his reign (at the end I stress)

Liverpool scored 2 while I've been typing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Liverpool still on course for winning more trophies this season than GPott's boys have won home games.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
what's happened to you Stat? Seems you're on a mission these days.

BMX Bandit syndrome, it's all to do with the diameter of his stem. :rolleyes:

His footballing frustration is understandable however. our manager has served up a zero star menu at home, Something I think everyone is frustrated with . . . .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1/0

Good…Spanish player going down faking a head injury after the ball hit him gently!

Edit 2/0

European nights at Liverpool are always special

They are. There's something special about Liverpool doing well in Europe. Maybe it's the memories of listening to my little orange radio under the covers in the late 70s. Peter Jones and Bryon Butler.

It's incredible to think that Everton have had a far higher net spend over the last few years than them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are. There's something special about Liverpool doing well in Europe. Maybe it's the memories of listening to my little orange radio under the covers in the late 70s. Peter Jones and Bryon Butler.

It's incredible to think that Everton have had a far higher net spend over the last few years than them.

When it comes to Everton, it's incredible their net spend is far higher than absolutely anyone. They are complete shite.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When it comes to Everton, it's incredible their net spend is far higher than absolutely anyone. They are complete shite.

Everton represent a typical UK Government project overspend where the belief is the more money you chuck at it will make it work.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So , wise men of NSC , can anyone explain the added on time tonight ?

First half with a few injury stoppages one of which the player had on field treatment for a while plus time wasting galore = 1 minute

Second half again a couple of stoppages much time wasting and 9 or 10 substitutions = 2 minutes !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So , wise men of NSC , can anyone explain the added on time tonight ?

First half with a few injury stoppages one of which the player had on field treatment for a while plus time wasting galore = 1 minute

Second half again a couple of stoppages much time wasting and 9 or 10 substitutions = 2 minutes !

Do continental officials consider time wasting and feigning injuries to be part of active time?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The same here, brilliant R2 commentary.

Then once old enough, watching highlights of European ties on Sportsnight or the ITV European nights equivalent with commentary by Gerald Sinstadt.

It seemed special - away trips to Dynamo Dresden, Feyenoord, Dinamo Tbilisi.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Villareal puting up a good fight. A town with the population of Morecambe with 3 Spurs rejects in Lo Celso, Capoue and Foyth should not really be here in a Champions League semi. A great story.

According to Guillem Balague, Villareal have the forth largest budget in the Spanish league, so not quite the Cinderella story many would have us beileve.

Real Betis have a 60000 stadium capacity but less cash than "tiny" Villareal who are owned buy a spanish supermarket magnate.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
what's happened to you Stat? Seems you're on a mission these days.

Well, any time I comment on [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and his GP stuff he says "too easy" or something like that, and considering how often he wants to have a dig at GP, I can only assume his life revolves around me.

Probably his last chance to feel superior to someone, so I do him a favour every now and then and nibble on the bait.

In other news, this game was DULL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here