Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So the Manchester City stadium security is one 55+ year old slightly fat bloke who is supposed to chase people on the pitch

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Another great game of football for the neutral.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Getting very irritated by the trend of kids running on the pitch. No I'm not going to just ignore it because it's a kid. There's an adult that brought them and at the very least allowed them to run on, if not encouraged/instructed them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fantastic game (well, the 30 min I saw).

Pep seemingly spot on before the game (though I've been told he only gives compliments to teams that City stomp, so it might not be genuine):

“What I like most of all is that amidst the difficulty, at 3-0 down, they (Madrid) have players who raise their hand and say here I am. The ball doesn’t scare them at 3-0 down. It does others, but not them. Modric, Kroos, Carvajal, Alaba and Benzema, they ask for it.”

When I saw the 2-0 score after 17 minutes I thought City would just cruise this, but nopes.

The game in Madrid will be very exciting. I hate both of the clubs but they play decent football. Think City probably makes it through in the end.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was at MK Dongs v Shrewsbury a couple of weeks ago.

Incredible was not the word.

We do get spoilt in the Premier League don’t we?!

I had to take my kids to Fratton Park a few weeks ago as they got kids for a quid tickets through their football teams and after about 15/20 minutes they turned round to me and said “why is the ball in the air all the time?” [emoji23]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, you say that. But I’m going to Cambridge Utd vs. Cheltenham Town on Saturday.

I’ll report back.

Were you listening on 5Live, post-match, when Mark Chapman said he'd had a text from the MotD2 producer?

He's a Colchester fan but lives in the Manchester area where his son has been brought up and become a City fan. His Dad, the MotD2 producer, has been trying to indoctrinate him to Colchester, taking him to a few away games, presumably in and around the North-west.

Anyway, Dad and son were at the Ethiad tonight, and the text sent to Mark Chapman said something along the lines of "I think I'll have to give up on the Colchester thing after that"!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We do get spoilt in the Premier League don’t we?!

I had to take my kids to Fratton Park a few weeks ago as they got kids for a quid tickets through their football teams and after about 15/20 minutes they turned round to me and said “why is the ball in the air all the time?” [emoji23]

I'm trying not to be snobby, and I was up for a bit of third division thud and blunder, but it truly was absolute junk. The stadium was 3/4 empty, and the game was a disjointed mess (which Dongs won 2-0). It was great seeing Elliott Bennett turn out for the Shrews, he still showed some nice touches in midfield. But sadly most of his team mates showed all the skill and co-ordination of someone with parkinsons trying to play Jenga. Once he got subbed I lost all interest.

The doris sloped off to the retail park after an hour (it was bloody freezing), and I left on about 80 for a couple of shandies at the Frankie & Bennies bar/restaurant next to the ground. The bloke with the "MK DONS SINCE 2004" union jack fair summed it up.

Dismal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm trying not to be snobby, and I was up for a bit of third division thud and blunder, but it truly was absolute junk. The stadium was 3/4 empty, and the game was a disjointed mess (which Dongs won 2-0). It was great seeing Elliott Bennett turn out for the Shrews, he still showed some nice touches in midfield. But sadly most of his team mates showed all the skill and co-ordination of someone with parkinsons trying to play Jenga. Once he got subbed I lost all interest.

The doris sloped off to the retail park after an hour (it was bloody freezing), and I left on about 80 for a couple of shandies at the Frankie & Bennies bar/restaurant next to the ground. The bloke with the "MK DONS SINCE 2004" union jack fair summed it up.

Dismal.

I've been to a few AFC Wimbledon games this season (going Saturday to witness them going down) and the standard isn't great but the ground is full/close to full and the atmosphere is decent which does make a difference.

I quite enjoyed some of the shambles of the standards and comedy play

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Villareal puting up a good fight. A town with the population of Morecambe with 3 Spurs rejects in Lo Celso, Capoue and Foyth should not really be here in a Champions League semi. A great story.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Villareal puting up a good fight. A town with the population of Morecambe with 3 Spurs rejects in Lo Celso, Capoue and Foyth should not really be here in a Champions League semi. A great story.

Yup. Not quite going according to the script at Anfield. Klopp has been at pains in the media to downplay expectations and pay all due respect to Villareal, but Liverpool supporters I've spoken to - and the bloke from the Liverpool blog thing they had on 5Live before kickoff - seem to have seen this tie as a bit of a bye to the final. Of course, Liverpool may yet steamroller them in the remainder of this match and / or the 2nd leg, but so far Villareal have done a number on them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You don't beat Juventus and Bayern by accident.

They do what they do well, very well organised. A bit old skool Italian like with the blatant time wasting but that's part of the game.

Can Liverpool find the key to unlock the door?

Personally I hope so, a City/Liverpool final would be mouthwatering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here