[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
How the mighty have fallen.

Man Ure, once known for open, flowing play now parking the bus and stinking the CL out.

A draw will be a good result for them

At home to Young Boys last game,should top the group

Villareal,possibly one eye on the home game with Barca at the weekend

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
New manager bounce kicks in for United, even if it’s only a temporary manager

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
PSG and Poti fail again….two nil up on aggregate at HT …lose 3/1 on the night, thanks to three goals from Benzema
Cracking second half

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have to say, I really really do enjoy seeing PSG fail. They’re far and away the epitome of everything bad about modern football, it gladdens my heart every time they fail to get what they want most.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have to say, I really really do enjoy seeing PSG fail. They’re far and away the epitome of everything bad about modern football, it gladdens my heart every time they fail to get what they want most.
I don't like their owners and agree that it is amusing to see them fail, but can't agree with your wider point. PSG are like Man City, and Blackburn Rovers before them - they're simply being bankrolled in order to achieve success. Meh. It's really nothing new.

But the thing is, if teams like that aren't allowed to succeed then things never change at the top. Plus these bankrolled clubs tens to invest in local infrastructure too. Certainly they have at Man City.

The alternative is the quarter finals being permed from the same 12 clubs every year.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Under our radar people are playing CL and EL again.

Chelsea beat Atletico last night 0-1, Bayern won against Lazio 4-1 with Jamal Musiala becoming the youngest English goal scorer in the CL (17 years 360 something days). Tonight City are probably stomping Borussia Mönchengladbach while Atalanta could hopefully win against Real Madrid.

Anyone excited about this? Me neither, but guess the hype will get going in the next round or so.

Nope, couldn’t give a flying shite about European football, never watch it.

I’m more interested in local non league results than if Real Moneybags fc beat Sporting Relentless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope, couldn’t give a flying shite about European football, never watch it.

I’m more interested in local non league results than if Real Moneybags fc beat Sporting Relentless.
I can't say I care who wins but the ECL does showcase the best players on the planet.

Do you also take no interest in the World Cup final because England aren't in it?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can't say I care who wins but the ECL does showcase the best players on the planet.

Do you also take no interest in the World Cup final because England aren't in it?

No I enjoy the Euros & World Cup, I just find the Champions League and other watered down European competitions too full on, way to much football for my liking especially now and during covid. Also I have no affiliation to a team, so therefore can’t be motivated to watch it, just for watchings sake.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That was a classic mopo last night

On top and then doenst react to the changes the other side makes

Late and weird subs

Going to PSG has damaged him further

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Let's all laugh at Man Ure

:lolol::lol::lolol::lol:

Funny they lost to a team who out-United them.

What a terrible crap game of snide pathetic rubbish. Only watched as Utd were on the end of it.

Lovely boy was shocking but still managed to shake his head at the end at the low life's he has to suffer around him. Hahahahahahahahahaha

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't say I care either way about WHU going through (deserved for a very good performance against an out of sorts Sevilla side) but bloody pleased for Yarmolenko tonight. Watched him a lot at Dynamo Kyiv and thought he was destined for the very top but injuries and apparent 'difficulties' in sorting a deal with his people put paid to that. Still a very, very good player on his day and deserves his moment, especially given the current situation at home. Would love to see him lift the trophy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports