[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not the most exciting first half in the world but Roma defending stoutly and a great finish for their goal. One flare up so far although I missed 10 minutes when my dad phoned us on the landline and I had to change rooms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Much better second half already. No idea how the foul on Abraham wasn’t given as a) foul and b) red card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Takes more than a small arm pull to get sent off in a final like this. This is not the Premier League, you're allowed to do a bit more.

Anyway, Ali J time soon?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The English: Chris "Mike" Smalling had a good game. Abraham was pretty poor, same with Nelson (great technique but dire vision) for Feyenoord though they were better with him.

Couple of Feyenoord players I wouldn't mind seeing in Brighton. Malacia obviously, but he's going to a bigger club. Sinisterra would be a great replacement for Trossard and maybe not 100% impossible to get. Orkan Kökcu is probably also going to end up in a bigger league. The Brighton-rumored Marcos Senesi was less impressive IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is Feyenoord vs Roma... minor miracle if everyone is alive tomorrow.

I hadn’t realised that mass football violence had been a thing on the continent this calendar year. The British establishment 2022 can’t even be blamed for this. Seems to be heading everywhere to hooligan times past.

6D3A4A85-C9E5-47F4-9FAF-AB18DCC8FE54.png
0A74C498-7B86-4D80-875C-1457DE344034.png
3502A23F-D4C8-49E5-8AD8-416583B9D04D.png

Alcohol used to be the fuel in the British Isles. Wonder if it’s cocaine and alcohol in 2022?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hadn’t realised that mass football violence had been a thing on the continent this calendar year. The British establishment 2022 can’t even be blamed for this. Seems to be heading everywhere to hooligan times past.

Alcohol used to be the fuel in the British Isles. Wonder if it’s cocaine and alcohol in 2022?

"Mass football violence" is hardly a new thing when it comes to Feyenoord (in particular). This boy always summed it up nicely:
aKPVE2Q_460s.jpg

Hooliganism took a break in England. Never really happened in the Netherlands - the fans of Feyenoord, Ajax and Utrecht are some of the most violent ones you'll find outside of Poland.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"Mass football violence" is hardly a new thing when it comes to Feyenoord (in particular). This boy always summed it up nicely:
View attachment 148265

Hooliganism took a break in England. Never really happened in the Netherlands - the fans of Feyenoord, Ajax and Utrecht are some of the most violent ones you'll find outside of Poland.

I’m old enough to remember mass Feyenoord violence in the 70’s. Later Ajax and Feyenoord thugs meeting between the two cities (yes I know it’s Rotterdam :)) on non-match days to attack each other and film it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Imho it's spreading because Monkey See, Monkey Do.

Plenty of reasons but I would say drugs is the main factor. It is so cheap now. It was nearly impossible to smuggle anything when Europe was locked down but production didn't stop meaning there is now more supply than demand. I never buy hard drugs but I rarely say no when it is offered at parties and it is remarkable how it changed from mostly amphetamines pre-lockdown to mostly cocaine (previously not really affordable to share with too many) now. Since coke is usually transported on ships I imagine it is extra noticable in cities/countries with big ports, like Marseille and Rotterdam (and islands, like yours).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports