Civil War Brewing in the Ukraine?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
it is a fast moving nightmare. Putin knows America and the West can't support Ukraine with anything other than words, it now comes down to how many Ukrainians are willing to die before Putin is shamed in to backing down....I fear it could be a lot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ooo. Obama has threatened Putin that he won't go to the G8 summit in Sochi.

That will teach Putin.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
After all that bulls*** Putin spouted about Syria, he now decides to do this. What a Wan*er.
As far as I am concerned the EU should cut Russia off until he decides to stop being a c**t.

Cockweasel of the highest order

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Russian parliament in 1992 voted to declare the 1954 gift of Crimea to Ukraine by Nikita Kruschchev as null and void. From their point of view Mother Russia wants a lost daughter back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As far as I am concerned the EU should cut Russia off until he decides to stop being a c**t.

to use an old internet meme, in Soviet Russia, they cut off EU.

and they do hold a good hand, supplying gas to most of central eastern europe and substantial amounts to Germany, Italy and Poland.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
All I know about Crimea is that it has got a very famous river with the same name that Ella Fitzgerald sang about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well the Americans appear to be rolling over and letting Putin act at will.

The only hope is that behind closed doors he has been told there is a certain line ( operations beyond Crimea ??? ) that he mustn't cross.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Here comes the next stage........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26397323

Obviously the Crimea is at risk as strange forces march about and "Unknown " well armed men seize control of the two major airports.

Similar to what happened in Kiev then at parliament , no different ! Nobody knows they are Russian soldiers , they may be Ukraine soldiers , who support the Russians .

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Well the Americans appear to be rolling over and letting Putin act at will.

The only hope is that behind closed doors he has been told there is a certain line ( operations beyond Crimea ??? ) that he mustn't cross.

I think you're right.

Both side need a win here, or it will be a war which settles it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ukranians screwed up. All this should have happened before the olympics as Russia would have been reticent about getting involved before the showpiece. Now, the only real outcome is that Crimea, who have never really been part of Ukraine apart from 50 manufactured years, should be independent or part of Russia.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Why is everyone focused on Crimea ? ok it is in the news but don't forget half the country wants Russian influenced rule ! Look at the political maps earlier on in this thread.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports