Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City Scum

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton fan moved down by a motorbike was spat on by a Bristol City supporter who leant over him and spat at him as he lay in shock and severe pain and said " hope you fecking die ".

If there are any decent City fans out there name and shame but I doubt it.

I hope we never meet them again.

All they have done is bleat on about us going through and many stories of abuse from them on here.

The facts are you were useless get over it.

That's a bit harsh, Gareth. The City fans I met in Cardiff were just like those I met when we went to Ashton Gate. Decent people with a sensible conversation in them.

The arsehole mentioned in today's Argus front page story is an obvious exception, but don't judge all of a Club's fans on the behaviour of one. That sort of thing has a habit of rebounding.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lord

Scum was directed at the action of this 1 person. However there have been a hell of a lot of unsavoury reports of how City behaved, lots of spitting in the face seems to be the City way.

They assumed they would turn up and win but they were useless and had 0 shots on target in 90 minutes but yet this board has been invaded with abuse from them.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'm with you Gareth, the City fans on my train were rude and graceless in defeat without a good word for us or The Albion. I honestly had no axe to grind with Bristol City before Sunday, but now I hope we never have to play then again. Long may they suffer in Div 2 or even Div 3, or is that asking too much?:p

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'm with you Gareth, the City fans on my train were rude and graceless in defeat without a good word for us or The Albion. I honestly had no axe to grind with Bristol City before Sunday, but now I hope we never have to play then again. Long may they suffer in Div 2 or even Div 3, or is that asking too much?:p

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't say invaded Gareth m8, for sure what happened is absolutely disgusting, but to tar 35,000 other City fans with the same brush is daft. Those that we met at Ashton Gate and again at Cardiff were just like us, normal fans who had a passion for their team who they came to give their full support to.

Grizz

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've bitten my tongue until now but the day after the game we had some City fan on saying we had no fans, we were crap, hope we don't get Falmer and such gracious comments.

I've read lots of reports of the usual homo crap and spitting in faces etc etc but this report on the front page of the Argus is way out of order.

City should be trying to look into the incident whilst the Brighton fan lies in hospital in a critical condition.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
meet lots of city fans after the match who all said well done, the actions of a few idiots who are bad losers should'nt be held against the majority.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Fcucking scummers end of thats disgusting i wouldnt do that to anyone hope that gypo gets mowed down and has the same done to him

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Always the same a few bad uns spoil it for the rest.Don't let them get to you.I enjoyed going under the subway back to our coach with plenty of stick from some Bristol boys about being gay etc.Loved blowing them a kiss and singing we're gay but were going up.Took the smiles off their faces.Also blowing them kisses from the coach as we passed on the motorway while they were giving us limped wrist signals.
The guy who shouted at our fan on the floor is scum but they weren't all bad.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not saying what he did was right, but from what i saw both before and after the game it was a few people on BOTH sides. Vast majorty of the City fans were well behaved. Im sure if I had watch the Albion fail at the playoff stage 2 years on the trot, i would be far from gracous if approached by a member of the other sides fans wanting to celebrate the win.

Lets stay focused on the positve side of Sunday. We won, they didnt. We are gonna be at clubs like Leeds, West Ham, Sunderland, Ipswich. They are gonna be at Torquy and Huddersfield.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
Im sorry but i think they were that bad fair enough the odd homo jibe u expect but they were doing it to kids and everyone it took the p1ss, god knows how many times i told them to fcuk off.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There fans are very big and brave when insulting young children and women it appears.

Fridge Man

Aug 31, 2003
Burgess Hill
exactly one word back and they were fcuk all, that story has actually sickened me

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Fridge Man said:
exactly one word back and they were fcuk all, that story has actually sickened me
the thug(the argus words) that did this is definate scum

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Agreed the guy on the bike is scum but all the city fans I met were superb.

I was surrounded by city fans there and back (having travelled from Bath) and they were very friendly both before and after the game. After the game a number came up to me to congratulate me and wish Brighton good luck fo next season. Before the game in town the the city fans I met were friendly and just wanted a good day out.

It's very sad that a few mindless idiots can tarnish the reputation of the clubs fans as from my own experience I thought they were the best fans I had seen all season.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I agree the bloke on the bike is scum, but I can assure you the City fans who came and talked to me after the game were ok.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The City fans I met were all ok. We had a right laugh at the castle before the game. Lots of jokes at Swindon's expense.
I met a load of Albion dick heads as well. It just sounds like the usual idiots ruining it for everyone.
I don't like generalisations like "they're all scum". I don't think that's very helpful.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I encountered a number of Brizzle morons but we were drinking amongst them pre-game and generally were OK.

Walking around the City Centre in the morning we encountered a few morons "Don't bother with your banners you gay boys are going to lose" the usual homo insults. I didn't say anything to this particular idiot because his knuckles were bruised and bleeding-not sure if that was from fighting or dragging them along the ground??

A large crowd near the ground started the "Does your boyfriend" crap (when will these twats realise that it is no longer original?) but over-all I have to say that Brizzle weren't any worse than most clubs we've played recently. I say that though as somebody who stayed in Cardiff on Sunday night so didn't have the pleasure of their company in traffic jams.

Many are saying all their fans are scum in the same way that a lot of their morons say that we are all gay. Lowest common denominator rules sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here