Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City really struggling to sell tickets?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The irony is that they took around 60,000 fans to the League One play-off final against Gillingham exactly 20 years ago next month. They really were shite back then losing to clubs like York City and being held by sides like Chesterfield, Walsall and Wrexham.

Then in the P.O final, 2-0 down to Gillingham on 90 minutes, two injury time goals (one from Paul Dickov) and now Nicky Weaver has always been a cult hero for saving penalties in the shoot-out. They've never looked back since on the pitch........

I guess we were really in the doldrums as well in League Two and had just finished playing at Pissfield, Gillingham. Micky Adams, Bobby Zamora and Withdean then improved things hugely.

More like 40,000, but those were the days when Wembley was a novelty for them after years in the doldrums.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It's expensive and hardly a novelty for them playing at Wembley. If I had to choose between another trip to Wembley or Spurs in the CL, I know which one I'd choose. They could still get through to the next round of the CL and there is a remote chance of a return to Wembley for the FA Cup final.

But only 3000 Man City fans will get to Spurs new stadium for the CL game whereas 33,000 could see their team at Wembley in a semi-final.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Looks like they're only interested in the trophy games. Their fans are confident that loads of (Amex) fans will be reselling them tickets for their title parade match in May.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/fa-cup-sf-city-v-brighton-sat-6-apr-17-30.339426/page-37
"Yeah but if brighton are out and secure safety before that game, they are less likely to play out of their skins to cement a place in the team for the final.
Plus brighton fans will more like be willing to flog blues tickets if it is a title winning game as if the past is anything to go by in that scenario brighton will be full of blues without them."

Barber licking his lips about the financial implication of that

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, we are not exactly the biggest draw and Manchester is a pain to get back to after a stupid ko time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here