Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City Link

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Does anyone on here use them?

I ordered a DVD burner on e-bay and the vendor uses City Link to deliver. Unfortunately I was out when they first delivered (unannounced), so they returned it to depot.

I then arranged for the delivery to be taken by a neighbour the next day but the driver returned it to depot.

I then phoned and arranged delivery for yesterday but the driver didn't have time to deliver. Wiffe pissed off at having to wait in all day. I phoned again this morning and was told it was on the van and would definately be here today.

It still hasn't arrived and I've had to hang around at home all day waiting. I'll never use them again, are they always this piss poor?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Use them to send approx 4 or 5 parcels out for work, every single day. they are no better or worse than any of the major carriers, and are better value than most.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Use them to send approx 4 or 5 parcels out for work, every single day. they are no better or worse than any of the major carriers, and are better value than most.

May be ok and cheap for senders, for the poor sod waiting for a delivery they are a nightmare. After two failures to turn up on arranged days I just tried to phone to find out what's going on only to spend 20 minutes listening to crap about how important my call is, so important they cut me off before I could talk to anyone. I'll never buy from anyone who sends deliveries by City Link again.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
When I ordered something I left a note to leave with a neighbour but he couldn't find anyone in, so he wrote on the note he'd try again next day (without leaving the card for me to arrange a time I'd be in) - so same thing happend and he left a CityLink card and they refused to try again so I had to pick it up from Hailsham!! Luckily I could do it on the way to football training in Eastbourne.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit my experiences of them are pretty crap as well. You always seem to wait an age for them to turn up and its very hit or miss whether they do turn up or not. Always wary of buying anything from someone who uses them as a courier.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They're the worst of the couriers imo. Hard to avoid though...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pain in the arse. Have used them twice and the same thing's happened on both occasions.

I was out when they tried to deliver, so they left a card saying they'd attempt to deliver it again the following day. So I made the effort to stay in pretty much all the following day, but they didn't bother.

So by the third day, I went up to their office in Crawley to collect the parcel, only to be told they'd put it back on the truck again to try and deliver it.

At least with one of the parcels, it was eventually delivered, but the first one- they attempted to deliver it while I was at their office trying to find out where it was....so I missed it again...and eventually had to go up to Crawley for a second time to pick it up.

Next time I'll use first class post....

They are fine as long as you can be there when they deliver the first time. I've heard plenty of horror stories similar to those on here about when they've tried (or not, as the case may be) to redeliver. Luckily I can get things delivered to work so I've had no problems.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have accepted the fact that I wasn't in, can't be helped, but I'd left them instructions on the delivery page to leave the packages with a neighbour.

Obviously they ignored it.

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
Ordered some dvds from amazon, wasn't in 1st day so they left a note to say they would try next day. Nothing arrived so I phoned the depot who said the items had been stolen & I should contact Amazon. Amazon refunded me, then a week later a bloke brought the dvds to my house. He had found the package dropped in the road:thumbsup:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
At least it's not just me then! Never had this trouble with the good ole Post Office!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ordered some dvds from amazon, wasn't in 1st day so they left a note to say they would try next day. Nothing arrived so I phoned the depot who said the items had been stolen & I should contact Amazon. Amazon refunded me, then a week later a bloke brought the dvds to my house. He had found the package dropped in the road:thumbsup:

And of course you returned the refund to amazon.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Amazon use couriers now? How damn expensive is shipping then? :ohmy:

Amazon use An Post here, ordered 2 books and 2 DVDs on Sunday night and they were here at 9:30am today, dispatched from Dublin on Monday afternoon... shipping cost was absolutely negligable.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
they used to have one of my contracts from work. 500/600 plus packages per week but i was getting so many complaints from people that they did not keep to their end of the bargain - pretty much the same problems you have had we stopped using them. the ironic thing is i also own my own haulage/delivery/logistics firm but because of all the nonsense law and legalities it does not make financial sense for my own men to do my drops.

so we stopped using city link. who i use now depends on the parcel/location/value/size etc because parcel force are better for certain things, dhl for something else, interlink something different etc etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least it's not just me then! Never had this trouble with the good ole Post Office!

Is the right answer, don't get us postie's started about the fact that we (in the main) do run a pretty tight ship

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Along the coast in the better half of Sussex!!!!!!!!!!!.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spend around £60K per annum on City Link with current contract I manage at work and bloody good as well.

Never quibble when things go missing and pay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here