Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City link go tits up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This can be a problem and you cannot always when ordering have a say over what carrier company the sender may use,some carriers insist on signatures and no doorstopping such as you highlight,it's a difficult one...of the bigger players DPD in my area are very good as are TNT and UPS.....but i guess a lot comes down to the driver,does he/she take pride in their work,this can vary area to area..
There's plenty to be said for the local knowledge of your postie.

I doubt stuff is just lobbed over walls, but I'll do anything to not take a packet back.
It's a ballache for us & with the depot being 2 miles away!! 99% of the time you'd think we'd asked people to drag themselves over broken glass, to get their stuff.
Most people accept stuff left out of the way, with a little 'treasure map' instead of the wait.

Although once I did have to return to one house and explain to them how I 'broke in' to their impregnable garden, and got out again. :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some of the newer entrants don't give a **** about the package they're delivering , my son ordered a Karcher window vac for my Xmas present and because he wasn't in when they turned up it was lobbed over the garden wall onto the patio.

Or give it to a 'neighbour' 10 doors away and no card through the door to tell u who has it ...and the neighbour (thats a laugh) thinks you have a card and will collect it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Meh, been poor for years, haven't moved with the times and kept up with some of the better new players. No major retailers have used them for a long time

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
What a dick move to do this over the christmas period.

I used to work for Target express who were bought out by city-link the ex target people high up warned City-Link for years they were running the company the wrong way and redundancies happened regularly at Christmas for the first four years citylink were in control, clueless vile company

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Xmas_Wrap_01.jpg

These are two hand-written letters from Paul Barber.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
have had to use them before with work and they are absolutely shocking. parcels regularly delivered damaged from transit, to the wrong address signed for by randoms or nobody, and they wont deliver even if people are in waiting for the parcel - just terrible

parcelforce on the other hand, are brilliant, and i hope they thrive from this

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
have had to use them before with work and they are absolutely shocking. parcels regularly delivered damaged from transit, to the wrong address signed for by randoms or nobody, and they wont deliver even if people are in waiting for the parcel - just terrible

parcelforce on the other hand, are brilliant, and i hope they thrive from this

Using a courier is the main part of the service I manage, I ditched their last account 3 months ago and the cheeky buggers wanted £250 to re-open it if I used it again.

Annoying all their invoices were finally paid a few weeks back, had I known this I would have withheld payment.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I gave these clowns a chance at my place and they were shite and often didn't turn up to collect in which is unacceptable.You could see they was in dire straights and a very disorganised company.

No surprise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here