Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City fans.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Weirdly, I work with a city fan, genuine fan -she's from Manchester, and she tried all day to get tickets in the home and the away section and both clubs had sold out the entire time. She was really frustrated and therefore it was odd to see so many gaps in the city end.
Harvesters-

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On the monied clubs believing that everyone is against them. To me, its a failure to extrapolate and to put yourself in others' shoes. As a Brighton fan, I am against every team that Brighton plays and every team that could be competition for Brighton. As City/Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Newcastle fans they are the same, just change the name of the club. All football supporters are exactly the same. This means that, other than your own fans, everybody is against you. However, this doesn't make you especially targetted. It's true of every team in the sport.

While there's obviously truth in that, I think it's fair to say that the fans of some clubs are worse than others. We've had our best ever season, so it's not sour grapes to point out that we've had more bad decisions against us this season than others. And our fans are often quite honest about failures being of our own making.

Regarding yesterday and Pep moaning, I don't know if it's because he's a serial pathetic twat when a game doesn't go his way, or him simply trying to keep his players confident in the lead up to their two finals. Maybe a bit of both. His players may have had a few drinks on Sunday, but so did ours. And we're the ones that had to field the most weakened team.

Weirdly, this nonsense has now spread to politics too. As a species, we seem to be becoming stupider by the day.
Yep. I wonder if this is a result of the internet and social media, where everyone can have their say and argue about politics with strangers, whereas in the past our opinions would stay with us or briefly pop out in a pub, but our views wouldn't become so entrenched.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yep. I wonder if this is a result of the internet and social media, where everyone can have their say and argue about politics with strangers, whereas in the past our opinions would stay with us or briefly pop out in a pub, but our views wouldn't become so entrenched.
There is defiinitely a social media impact. It's the bubble thing. People just get their own biases reconfirmed by those that agree with them, so end up thinking that there is are truths that those outside of the bubble are not accepting and never questioning their own views. It kills critical thinking.

I can't remember who it was that said that in the old days every village had an idiot, but they generally kept quiet because they knew they were an idiot. The internet allows them all to connect and convince each other that they're right.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Weirdly, I work with a city fan, genuine fan -she's from Manchester, and she tried all day to get tickets in the home and the away section and both clubs had sold out the entire time. She was really frustrated and therefore it was odd to see so many gaps in the city end.
It’s because they make it so hard to resell a ticket if you can’t go

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I haven't seen the disallowed goals back yet, but I was reminded of Haaland "using his strength" against Webster in the reverse fixture.
Buonanotte was penalised for competing for the ball in a much less robust manner last night.

It is quite difficult to judge what is and isn't a foul in these situations.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
They have won the League..playing us on a weekday away at 8pm. Get back about 3am I thought a pretty good turnout from them.

I`ve no idea but if game had been at Manchester 8pm how many Brighton supporters would have gone ??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know three long time City fans who have given up their season tickets and they have all told me they preferred being fans before the takeover, they have not been seduced by the money thrown at the club and do not like what it has become. Plenty would find that hard to believe, but I get it. Suffering is in their DNA :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here