Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] City Council fine man £400 for fly tipping duvet

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Most mornings there is a stinking, filthy duvet outside my shop on Brighton seafront, left by one of the many homeless.
I'd honestly think that they would have loved another not so dirty duvet.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I dislike of fly tipping as much as everyone else, however, the crux of problem, IMO, is the councils and their privatised 'recycling centres' . . . theyre as fussy as ****, overly officious, patronising and generaly A pain in the arse to use. Little wonder people don't want to go there, and they clearly have a profit driven agenda, as opposed to an environmanetal one. They're happy to take scrap metal!

Never had an issue at Wilson Avenue, and I have been going for what seems like every weekend lately dropping carpet, old mattress, garden and household waste, always helpful.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
May be better to get him doing 50 hours as a street cleaner. He can see it as charity work and no doubt would be chuffed to do the work to help out.

One of the many things I get involved with for work, luckily only the "reporting it to someone for them to sort out" part.

Fortunately on one occasion, within the dumping was a name and address and that is now proceeding through the court system I understand.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
City Council fine man £400 for fly tipping duvet

That's a tough pillow to swallow.

He's probably feeling more down inside now than when he had the duvet.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here