Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City Council back Falmer

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
So let me get this straight. Lewes council want us to get to games either by monorail, or an upgraded Volks Railway?

MRS DEVECCHI! IS THIS A PIECE OF YOUR BRAIN?

That Rapid Transit bollocks was quite rightly laughed out of the Inquiry last time around. Who gave LDC a mandate to just LIE on their submissions?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Popular songs about it:

http://tennysonpoetry.home.att.net/riz.htm

Extract:

They hang’d him in chains for a show–we had always borne a good name–

This is the bit where the thief is left hanged and left there until the bones start to rattle in the wind.

LE2 said:
They think it's all over ... it will be on 26 April 1793! Did they break the crossbar?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Large One said:
That's an average of 106,849 people EVERY DAY.

I wouldn't have thought they'd notice 22,374 turning up to the stadium then.
I think the figures refer to the numbers of people visiting the whole of the South Downs.
What % of these visitors go to that huge stadium on top of the Downs that DeSnobbi and co seem to be unaware of?

Nobby's Betamax Video said:
Let's go for the jugular, copy the text in their report NOW before they read NSC and remove the erroneous report, and get it to The Argus (and any other sympathetic journalists - Jonathan Pierce, Paul Hayward, SCR, Southern Counties etc).
Today's Press Release from The Seagulls Party:-

LEWES DISTRICT COUNCIL CAUGHT TRYING TO SEX UP A DODGY DOSSIER

As the closing date passed for further representations to be made to Secretary of State Ruth Kelly on Brighton and Hove Albion’s planning application for a community stadium at Falmer, material accidentally published on Lewes District Council’s official website has revealed the extent to which the council is trying to ‘sex up’ its case for an alternative site at Sheepcote Valley.

Having asked for an extension of time to allow transport consultants, RPS Transport, to assess transport access to Sheepcote Valley, the council received a draft report on 6 February that told them that a stadium at Sheepcote would cause traffic at the Warren Road/Wilson Avenue junction to grind to a halt on matchdays. This would effectively cut Woodingdean off from the city centre every time a game was played.

The Council has now published this report on its website, inadvertently including a comment that reveals how they are trying to sidestep this fatal flaw in their case.

The version of the report on the website includes an instruction, in capital letters, to whoever was charged with providing the final evidence to Ruth Kelly:- “In your summary make sure that you say this is very good compared to most stadia in urban areas and that there will be no problems”.

Albion fans have reacted to this with astonishment. Seagulls Party leader, Paul Samrah said “We have always known that a stadium at Sheepcote Valley would lead to completely unacceptable traffic congestion on Brighton’s roads. Lewes council’s own consultants have now confirmed this. But someone at the council is trying to spin their way out of the dilemma that this report presents to them.

“This is typical of the underhand way that LDC has treated supporters of the Falmer stadium project for years. The Seagulls Party calls upon Ann de Vecchi and her council to accept that there is no case for Sheepcote Valley as an alternative to Falmer and drop their opposition to the planning permission that John Prescott gave last year”

-ends-

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well done to all that have got this out in the open.

I really can see light at the end of the tunnel and the schadenfreude that I feel about LDC cocking up official paperwork is superb. It really shows what shaky foundations (and the mindset) of the nasty little :censored: at LDC/Falmer.

:bowdown:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Nice press release for the Seagulls Party.

After a good win at the weekend, and now this faux pas by LDC I'm in a really positive mood. Now we just need to get rid of the idiots in H block...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lord Bracknell said:
Oh dear.

Lewes District Council have now removed the transport documents from their website.

I wonder if they might become available somewhere else.

;)

That would be shocking... not to mention embarrassing, no?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:
Oh dear.

Lewes District Council have now removed the transport documents from their website.

;)

Okay - anybody who downloaded the old copies can they please destroy them. They were never meant for public consumption and we'll say no more about it. :lolol:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I take it that they did actually send off the final versions to Ruth Kelly?

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if they had really fouled up and sent these draft ones.

Lord Bracknell said:
Oh dear.

;)
Gosh

:ohmy:

Press release:

http://www.seagullsparty.org/prelease-19feb07.pdf

The LDC documents can now be found on the Seagulls Party website:

http://www.seagullsparty.org/ldc-transport1.pdf

http://www.seagullsparty.org/ldc-transport2.pdf

http://www.seagullsparty.org/ldc-transport3.pdf

The particular paragraph in the LDC report that the Seagulls Party is highlighting can be found, on page 52, at:

http://www.seagullsparty.org/ldc-transport2.pdf

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What really amazes me is these people are charged with spending our money ( well the people of Lewes's money) on such things as education, policing, roads, etc etc and yet, one of the two big things they have on going, this and the incinerator, they manage to totally screw up their one big chance.

Is this not a case of the useless leading the incompetant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here