Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City Break Ideas

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tallinn, and Dubrovnik are also well worth considering alongside those mentioned already.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Trogir Croatia ,4 miles from Split Airport .Small compact and a Unesco World Heritage site. Other than that Belgrade ,Salzburg,Valencia and Vilnius are all worth a visit.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
My top 3, based on my own experiences, would be:-

Krakow - will be cold but beautiful square and interesting city, very good value and loads of interesting things to see, esp Aushwitz, Schindlers Factory. Recommend AAA Krakow Apartments
Budapest - see what Sully said earlier
Marrakech - if you want some heat and a total contrast stay in a Rhiad in the old area, its quite manic so if you're not up for that go for a hotel in the newer sanitised area. Amazing Atlas mountain trips - ski and sunbathe on the same day if you wish

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going with the wife at the end of March....I'm expecting it to be expensive!

Best way to approach it. Then (a) you're not shocked and (b) occasionally you're pleasantly surprised.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Managed to get a decent deal with BA to Barcelona with a hotel (£350 for both of us, including 3 nights in a decent 4* hotel), so popping there next month.

Missus has OK'd the Barcelona / Ossasuna game if it falls on the Sunday evening. Result.

Thanks all, some great choices here. Dubrovnik also looked great, but not a regular BA service (only twice a week) unfortunately.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I really liked Budapest. It was so beautiful and just "different". A good mix of not quiet but not rammed with twatty stag do's.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Managed to get a decent deal with BA to Barcelona with a hotel (£350 for both of us, including 3 nights in a decent 4* hotel), so popping there next month.

Missus has OK'd the Barcelona / Ossasuna game if it falls on the Sunday evening. Result.

Thanks all, some great choices here. Dubrovnik also looked great, but not a regular BA service (only twice a week) unfortunately.

I'll be there that weekend as going to the Ossasuna game!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Bit late, but my favourite city break was Lisbon. Really pretty to look at, cheap food and beer, lots of cool drinking terraces with amazing views, interesting things to see, lovely city to wander in. Most of all, it's not too big, which I always find overbearing on weekend breaks.

Sintra also well worth a day trip.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If u haven't been before go to Venice.

Most beautiful city in the world IMHO.

Won't be smelly or too overrun at this time of year and if u shop around needn't be that expensive either. Loads to do and see.
Been 4 times. Would love to go again.

Another vote for Venice - I went there in March time couple of years back - ideal climate.
I'm not particularly in to art, culture, religion, etc but the side-street bars and cafes were a pleasure.
Not seeing a motor car for a full 48 hours was kinda therapeutic too, as I'm sure, was the fresh unpolluted air.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm meant to be going to Toulouse soon. It's meant to be lovely. Is that the case? Anyone been?

I did but it was during the world cup. I did not watch England play but England were the next team to arrive after the game I watched. Sad really as the day after the game the town was barricaded up in anticipation of the England fans arrival. It was a really nice place for the first 2 days I was there. The local carpenters must have made a fortune givne the number of business they boarded up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This, especially if you can work a trip to Bruge in.

edit: didn't see Piltdown Man's recommendation before posting :) Bruge is a lovely place though.

Travel light to maximise the amount of beer you can carry back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here