Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Circumcision or not?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well well. This must be one of those rare things on NSC: a unique thread. If nothing else because BensGrandad has neither started nor contributed to it :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
*I should say that I'm merely guessing it's unique. I've not searched...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you'll find that the practice of Metzitzah practiced by some orthodox groups and which involves the rabbi removing the foreskin with his mouth is far from hygienic and has led to cases of hpv infection; an extreme example perhaps. I am always tolerant of the beliefs of adults but don't believe that any religion should be foisted on a child especially if the physical results are unalterable or create actual health risks.

:lolol: I have heard this somewhere, but this has to be a rumour surely :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm punting that BG is a cavalier and in no way connected Edna is more of a roundhead kind of gal

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Recently a few media stories have centred around circumcision in general, particularly topical in the USA.

Who is in favour of this practice (for info, my mother wouldn't allow it) and who is against it?

Is it equivalent to female genital mutilation?

Does the health argument stand up or is that just an excuse to avoid responsibility to teach cleanliness?

My personal opinion is that it isn't your body don't cut it. I'm AGAINST
Go for it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm leaving the jacket where it is.......it's the pipes that are under threat at the moment! :(

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well well. This must be one of those rare things on NSC: a unique thread. If nothing else because BensGrandad has neither started nor contributed to it :ohmy:

Who's going to PM Ben's Grandad to alert him to the fact that the benefit of his wisdom is needed here. This situation can't be allowed to continue!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And as for circumcision, only if medically necessary.

But it has to be said it does not seem to equate to female circumcision, but then I'm not medically qualified.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Medical necessity should be the only legal reason for circumcision. No one should have the right to cut another person's body without their consent for whatever reason. Both male & female circumcision are genital mutilation and child abuse.

Unfortunately one is likely to remain legal for the foreseeable future and the other is only very very slowly being taken seriously as a crime in the UK. Unsurprisingly, given human history, the nature of the abuse dreamed up for females is far more pernicious.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
And as for circumcision, only if medically necessary.

But it has to be said it does not seem to equate to female circumcision, but then I'm not medically qualified.

I don't think we need to be medically qualified to see that there is no comparison between the two, do we? There are definitely medical reasons for one, the other just seems to me to be another way that men in certain cultures assert their dominance over women.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Medical necessity should be the only legal reason for circumcision. No one should have the right to cut another person's body without their consent for whatever reason. Both male & female circumcision are genital mutilation and child abuse.

Why is it that the vast majority of circumcised men don't see it that way when it comes to the male version?

Maybe because they love the fact it was done?

I'm glad I was done. Don't miss that horrid looking untied sausage look at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Medical necessity should be the only legal reason for circumcision. No one should have the right to cut another person's body without their consent for whatever reason.

Where do you stand, out of interest, on parents who get their (very small) children's ears pierced?

Personal opinion, of course, but I can't stand the sight of pierced ears on babies & toddlers. It can't be the safest thing either, but I always wonder how they justify to themselves the act of using what's effectively a staple gun to drive a stud though the earlobe of a one year old.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I was done as a baby. Never had any complaints from any girlies and most of them prefer it from my experience.

I don't particulary have an opinion either way. Comfortable with what I have got and I think it's probably cleaner..never get any knob cheese or anything like that!!

The only acceptable reason for having their boys circumcised came from a man I met who was that rarity of an uncut american. "I'm not having any bitches refuse to suck my son's dick". That said every american lady I got as far as unleashing the old chap on has fellated with enthusiasm.

Oh and the reason you dont get knob cheese is because its constantly being scraped off onto your underwear. Besides any true gentleman will avail himself of the opportunity to run his todger under the tap once it looks like the going is fair.

It's not mutilation, it's beautification.

Less flappy skin bits = beautiful? Best you stay away from real ladies and stick to Barbie.

Besides any flaccid cock and balls does not look pretty. If you're going to have it judged on looks then thats best done when you're sporting a diamond cutter.

Dandyman

In London village.
FGM and male circumcision are very different.

In my experience those that want to ban boys being circumcised are usually pursuing other agendas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here