Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chuba Akpom signs on loan until the end of the season

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's only 21 so I wouldn't judge him too harshly on his goal record on previous loans. He will be a very good addition to our strike force I think.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Happy we have added to our strike force now. Not overwhelmed who we have signed though

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm a bit 'meh'. I can see the kid coming on at the Amex and chipping in with a goal or assist. But will he put a shift in and endlessly run channels and angles with no reward away from home? Because that's what Baldock does and that's what we need, back up in a similar mould. I'm not sure this signing is going to make any significant difference to us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would prefer Fletcher TBH.

mmm id happily take either but Akpom has more experience and would be my choice of the 2.

I remember watching him play our 23s a season or so ago for Arsenal, I think he scored 4 and could have had 8 to be honest, sure its the u23s but he was miles ahead of anyone else that day.

Ive always wanted him in ever since I saw that performance, just hope he's up for it and out to impress, IF the deal happens

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was always either gonna be an end of career job (Zamora, Keane) or a youngster (Wilson). Fine with this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
7 goals last season for Hull (in all competitions, only 3 goals in the league though) in 42 appearances

Only around half of those were starts though - the rest off the bench.

He's been out injured for a good 3-4 months so would be chomping at the bit, you'd imagine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just seen his strop and launching of the arm band for getting subbed by Hull.

Its a no from me.

Guessing you didn't see how Duffy behaved for Blackburn in his final month there then?!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just what the majority of us thought we needed.
Offers something we lack, Pace.
We have not got time to be left waiting on Keane who is clearly leaving everything for deadline day move to Premier league.
Especially if Baldock is still injured.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just what the majority of us thought we needed.
Offers something we lack, Pace.
We have not got time to be left waiting on Keane who is clearly leaving everything for deadline day move to Premier league.
Especially if Baldock is still injured.

There is no deadline for Keane. He is a free agent.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm a bit 'meh'. I can see the kid coming on at the Amex and chipping in with a goal or assist. But will he put a shift in and endlessly run channels and angles with no reward away from home? Because that's what Baldock does and that's what we need, back up in a similar mould. I'm not sure this signing is going to make any significant difference to us.
Yes but he's not baldock is he:lolol:
Maybe you'd like a baldock clone or maybe this lad will be better than baldock :lolol:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
mmm id happily take either but Akpom has more experience and would be my choice of the 2.

I remember watching him play our 23s a season or so ago for Arsenal, I think he scored 4 and could have had 8 to be honest, sure its the u23s but he was miles ahead of anyone else that day.

Ive always wanted him in ever since I saw that performance, just hope he's up for it and out to impress, IF the deal happens

He also came on as a sub when we played them 2 years ago in the FA Cup, think I liked the look of him then.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Only around half of those were starts though - the rest off the bench.

He's been out injured for a good 3-4 months so would be chomping at the bit, you'd imagine.

I imagine he'll be a sub here too, assuming Baldock's injury isn't too serious. Someone off the bench with a bit of speed up front will be good, plus he's just touching 6ft tall so he adds a bit more height than previously available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here