Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Christmas Train Strikes ???

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I have just checked google but it didn't come up with anything. So I was just wondering if anyone on here knows if there will be any train strikes over the Christmas period.

I'm hoping to travel to Cardiff from Worthing on Friday 22nd & coming back on Wednesday 27th .

Thanks

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have just checked google but it didn't come up with anything. So I was just wondering if anyone on here knows if there will be any train strikes over the Christmas period.

I'm hoping to travel to Cardiff from Worthing on Friday 22nd & coming back on Wednesday 27th .

Thanks

You’ll be fine on those days. That would require rail workers to come out and man a picket line over the Christmas break. Not a chance.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Except that they usually choose the Christmas period for 'essential engineering work' so do check nearer the time in case there’s any disruption/replacement buses etc.
Thanks, will do.
You’ll be fine on those days. That would require rail workers to come out and man a picket line over the Christmas break. Not a chance.
I'll hit them with my stick if they do!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Was almost hoping for a strike for me to not bother travelling up to the Staffordshire for the work Christmas party 😅

Glad otherwise that Christmas travel should be trouble free! (And the away games for a change)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here