Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas shopping

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I tend to start thinking about it really early as some of my relalives are quite difficult to buy for, particularly my sister (sort of a sister) who has rather bizarre tastes.

It should be easy this year as I have bought my sister a Girls World so she can practice hairstyles and not turn up at the Football in ridiculous bunchies that make me wet myself.

:eek:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Tight shorts said:
It should be easy this year as I have bought my sister a Girls World so she can practice hairstyles and not turn up at the Football in ridiculous bunchies that make me wet myself.

:eek:

You should see what she wears to work ;)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Mine is all done and all wrapped bar one present that I haven't decided how to wrap up yet.

I like it to be able done by the beginning of December.

I need to buy some toys for the Toys to Tots drive and some for our donation to the cancer unit but all my actual presents are done and wrapped.

Picked out our live turkey this morning as well. Shall meet his maker next week and hang for a few weeks before looking good on my dinner table.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Starry said:
I need to buy some toys for the Toys to Tots drive and some for our donation to the cancer unit but all my actual presents are done and wrapped.
I do alot of good work for charidee, but don't like to talk about it
smashy_nicey.jpg

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Billy the Fish said:
I do alot of good work for charidee, but don't like to talk about it
smashy_nicey.jpg

I do. Gives me warm fuzzy feelings to know my daughter didn't die for nothing and that someone else on here might decide to do the same.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Starry said:
I do. Gives me warm fuzzy feelings to know my daughter didn't die for nothing and that someone else on here might decide to do the same.

what is the toys to tots drive starry?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It's from our church but they are up and down the country. You donate new toys anything from a colouring book to a Wii if you are so inclined. Drop it off and they they are divided up and given to children in children's homes, hospitals, woman's refuges etc.

Can't find a more local one online but they are around -
Not every child in the area will have a sack full of presents to open this Christmas. That's why we need your help with Toys for Tots. We want to put a smile on the face of some less fortunate children.

Between now and December 18th we would like you to donate any new, unwanted toys for Toys for Tots. They will then be donated to two charities, Barnados and NCH (formerly National Children's Homes) as well as a selection of local children's charities.

HOW TO HELP: There will be collection boxes in all the West Bromwich Building Society branches in the area. These will be in place until Sunday December 18th. For a full list of these please click on the link below.

If you are donating a toy there are a few things to bear in mind:

1. The toy must be new
2. It doesn't have to be expensive just as much as you can afford - a colouring book and pens can make a child's Christmas
3. We need a wide variety of toys, not just cuddly ones
4. Don't just think of toys for young children. These toys can help teenagers too.

Throughout the appeal the Beacon Radio Black Thunder crew will be visiting the collection points and providing live updates on the number of toys being donated.

Barnardos and NCH will distribute the toys to children throughout the West Midlands to make their Christmas that little more special.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have a feeling Mercury FM in Crawley do something similar, should anyone feel the urge to join in the festive spirit.

Think they usually call it Operation Santa Claus, if memory of years spent exiled in a Crawley office with that travesty of a radio station switched on permanently serves me correctly.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
All done by halfway through november - just can't face it in december i avoid shopping centres/ town centre slike the plague.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
rospants said:
all being done on ebay

So far everything I have bought this year has been on ebay except one which was from play.com. Internet xmas shopping is the way forward.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Starry, I know I've got a rubbish (and fairly typically British from what I've seen on TV) attitude to meat, but there's no way I could eat something I'd seen alive.

I try to buy organic meat, make sure what I'm eating has had some kind of quality of life rather than be factory farmed, but if I'd seen it actually living that life, that'd be it - it'd more likely end up a pet than a dinner.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
edna krabappel said:
I have a feeling Mercury FM in Crawley do something similar, should anyone feel the urge to join in the festive spirit.

Think they usually call it Operation Santa Claus, if memory of years spent exiled in a Crawley office with that travesty of a radio station switched on permanently serves me correctly.

Mercury the Heart of the South. Local Radio at it's best.:dunce:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Starry, I know I've got a rubbish (and fairly typically British from what I've seen on TV) attitude to meat, but there's no way I could eat something I'd seen alive.

I try to buy organic meat, make sure what I'm eating has had some kind of quality of life rather than be factory farmed, but if I'd seen it actually living that life, that'd be it - it'd more likely end up a pet than a dinner.

That's cool, and I don't usually go and see our cows, lambs, pigs, ducks living their lives. But my BIL and his family have a small farm and breed for our family. I happened to be up there when he was marking/spraying with that sheep marker stuff those who will meet their maker, those who will be 'pets' and such. So took my pick.

My niece who lives there refuses to eat any meat that comes from the animals on their farm but has no problem nipping along to the local butcher to buy a chop/steak/mince.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Starry said:
marking/spraying with that sheep marker stuff those who will meet their maker, those who will be 'pets' and such. So took my pick.

That's the bit I couldn't do - too much of a wuss. I'd be stricken with survivor's guilt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here