Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~*~* Christmas shopping at Amazon *~*~*~*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's that time of year again when I try to encourage you to do as much of your Christmas shopping at Amazon, clicking via the link you'll find on every NSC page.

For the unenlightened, the reason I do this is simple: NSC gets some cash from every purchase made this way.

Last year nearly £20,000 worth of good were ordered from Amazon via NSC's link across November and December, earning NSC over £1,177.66 in affiliate income...

To try and encourage you to do this, as was the case last year, we'll give cash prizes back to 4 purchases drawn at random from NSC's affiliate reporting. Assuming similar purchasing levels as last year, we will aim to return £200 in this way, split out into £80, £60, £40 and £20 prizes.

All orders made at Amazon via the NSC link from 1st November 2012 to 31st December 2012, inclusive, will qualify for the prize draw.

I'll post purchases here periodically as it helps provides gift ideas to others and can also be quite amusing, on occasion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Doesn't count for the prize draw (couldn't wait until the 1st) but I had to make quite a large purchase for work today from Amazon... Just over £5400 and I made sure to click the NSC link first! So hopefully that will give NSC's funds a boost...

I can see what I imagine are your items. Although NSC earns c6% on purchases made from our links, there is a limit of £6 per item, meaning anything costing over £100 doesn't earn us any more. Regardless, we'll have done well out of your purchases - thanks!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Do we need to retain the order/invoice e-mail from Amazon in case everyone has bought the same DVD of "Where Eagles Dare" again?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do we need to retain the order/invoice e-mail from Amazon in case everyone has bought the same DVD of "Where Eagles Dare" again?

Yes - in order to claim your prize, I'll ask you to show the Amazon email matching the items selected.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Bozza - All the links/icons at the top of the page (to Amazon etc.) have disappeared for me (viewing in Firefox and IE) although the link in your signature still works! Is that intentional?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza - All the links/icons at the top of the page (to Amazon etc.) have disappeared for me (viewing in Firefox and IE) although the link in your signature still works! Is that intentional?

I was playing with the style sheets last night - I'll get the Amazon one back tonight.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
4 lots of orders c£120 each (some more, some less) for PC related items. I bought pre-paid gift certificates so hopefully these purchases won't show as zero revenue for NSC!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
4 lots of orders c£120 each (some more, some less) for PC related items. I bought pre-paid gift certificates so hopefully these purchases won't show as zero revenue for NSC!

How can you buy something which you have pre-paid for? Are you paying twice?:jester:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do ebook/music download purchases help or does this only relate to physical items?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:) great stuff and have encouraged others to use such link too - always quite interesting to have a nosey at what others have bought as I'm having a nightmare trying to write a Christmas list this year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
:) great stuff and have encouraged others to use such link too - always quite interesting to have a nosey at what others have bought as I'm having a nightmare trying to write a Christmas list this year.

I'll pop up the first list of purchases this evening...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These are the christmas presents I've purchased so far this year:

1 x Samsung Galaxy Tab II, £149 with £30 cash back from Carphone Warehouse
1 x pair Nike football boots, £40 from SoccerScene online
1 x Liam Bridcutt's 2011/12 Albion training top, £10 from the AITC 'Sporting Dreams' shop in George Street
4 x various Swatch watches, through company discount scheme
1 x Superdry coat, £44 from Superdry outlet store at Gunwharf

By my usual terrible last minute standards, I'm well ahead of the game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three more orders placed through the NSC link this morning:

1 x neoprene case for 7" tablet
1 x Playfair Football Annual 2012/13
1 x copy Football Manager 13 for PC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here