Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas pullovers/jumpers

Christmas jumpers/pullovers tacky and fun or wouldn’t be seen dead in one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I went to a Christmas work lunch on Thursday and much to my surprise, half of my colleagues were wearing Christmas jumpers and I wondered if I’d missed a memo. I don’t have one myself - the closest I’ve come to buying them is for the dog over the years. Some Christmas jumpers are genuinely nicely designed or just fun tacky (which is the point of them imo, the tackier the better) but they are still not for me but I think they can look great and are real ice breakers - anyone wear one?

:needpics:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ECC84A88-92BE-4294-BCAB-989D6D3672CB.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These days, if you wear a Christmas jumper - even in the privacy of your own home - you get arrested and thrown in jail over Christmas.
You’ll actually be thrown in jail? If you just wear a Christmas jumper?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I know. Utterly ridiculous that we're not supposed to say Merry Christmas but Happy Holidays because we might offend some idiot or other.

I've got a couple of Hindi friends and we can all wish them a Happy Diwali without someone getting offended.

Annoys me. Rant over.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be wearing my Albion Christmas jumper on Christmas day and I'll be wishing people a merry Christmas. If they don't like it they can go f*** themselves.
Saying happy holidays is so american it makes me vomit
I’ve had a couple of Christmases in New York; they do it so well over there.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I went to a Christmas work lunch on Thursday and much to my surprise, half of my colleagues were wearing Christmas jumpers and I wondered if I’d missed a memo. I don’t have one myself - the closest I’ve come to buying them is for the dog over the years. Some Christmas jumpers are genuinely nicely designed or just fun tacky (which is the point of them imo, the tackier the better) but they are still not for me but I think they can look great and are real ice breakers - anyone wear one?

:needpics:
It’s worse than that where I work, the HR team (or whatever they are called these days) sent out a circular encouraging staff to wear such garments during the “festive season”.

Given how obsessed they usually are about sustainability I fired an email back to their Director pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting the purchase of meaningless tat, likely made and shipped from China, to be worn for a few days before being binned for a new upgrade next year. The very worst kind of behaviour of morally bankrupt and corpulent west.

Like old football tops even if donated to charity it will only hamper local third world clothing enterprises from flourishing and worse still it is degrading enough for starving Africans to be seen on telly in tattered old Man U shirts with “Beckham” on the back, let us spare them even worse humiliation from wearing HO HO HO jumpers with flashing Christmas trees.

Personally I could care less, just as long as the environmental moralisers usually shitting the bed about the millions of polar bears aren’t doing so whilst wearing a Lidl Christmas jumper.

I know. Utterly ridiculous that we're not supposed to say Merry Christmas but Happy Holidays because we might offend some idiot or other.

I've got a couple of Hindi friends and we can all wish them a Happy Diwali without someone getting offended.

Annoys me. Rant over.

Wondered how long it would be for a comment like this to appear. Has it been officially sanctioned or has it emerged from imaginations of the ".....it's all because of political correctness gone mad...." brigade...." .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here