Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas present ideas (pariticularly for dads)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank you all for the ideas - hopefully ideas that might be useful to others too.
Does he have any hobbies? I've received a few of these nut and bolt sculptures over the years and quite like them.

https://www.steelman24.co.uk/?gclid...Idp88lmFjNFzqrvU53iZjK4Lorz47BWxoCxdAQAvD_BwE
I like it. He's into golf and drinking wine. The golf trolley wine holder is fun, but I'm not sure he'd go for that. Golfer breaking his club - I think that would work. What golfer doesn't know frustration! Thanks!

He's very vert straight/sensible.

Not sure what your budget is?

Does he like wine? Sussex has some lovely vineyards that run tours.
Oo I like that. Although I guess being in Sussex means sparkling white, and he only drinks red.

Thanks. That's more something my mum would like. He likes watching rugby and I wanted to get him tickets for the Amex when the WC was here, but he'd rather watch it home than be stuck with a bunch of people like us :D

Got my dad in his 60s a helicopter ride for 50 quid (well my sister did)
Blimey that's good value.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
sku_4326_1.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best present I had last year was a dashcam - gives peace of mind and proof of fault in case of an accident - brilliant!!

Given that some clown drove into the side of my new car in Faversham Sainsbury's car park a couple of hours ago, I'm regretting not having one of those. Fortunately I have the details. :rant:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
did you have to make that so big!? I've just wasted about 10 minutes of my life trying to figure it out

thought it was some sort of torch

Or something from Ann Summers? :blush:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
How about a Bellroy wallet?

Well if someone buys one, the bloody advert might go away lol.

you too???

I thought it was just me as I was the one that looked them up originally. I wanted a wallet, liked that they were thin, didn't like the price so never bought.

Everytime I log onto NSC it mocks me that I don't have a spare £65

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Magazine subscriptions are a good idea. Nat Geo and the range of BBC mags such as History and wildlife ones are only about £20 for a year at the moment. I got given a subscription earlier this year and love it when it drops through the door.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Got into trouble - I went in and asked if I could have the assistant for Christmas! :lolol:

Bit OT My cousin got booted out of Debenhams in Worcester many moons ago for putting his hands down the manequines bras and sniffing their knickers, he had had a few and though and was trying to be funny. I did find it hard not to laugh but not everyone thought it was funny

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Magazine subscriptions are a good idea. Nat Geo and the range of BBC mags such as History and wildlife ones are only about £20 for a year at the moment. I got given a subscription earlier this year and love it when it drops through the door.

Thats always a good call and most now give you a free online version if you subscribe. A year long present that wont get stuck in the back of the cupboard

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. My mate in Oz just LOVES his gifted Private Eye subscription. Drops through his letterbox in Byron Bay every 2 weeks without fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here