Christmas on the Telly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like Who and Skyfall for me then.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just as well it's not all live TV these days.

I will watch Would I Lie to You at a push. David Mitchell makes me laugh.

And Cuckoo is quite funny.

I'll definitely watch Black Mirror.

That is all.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Whilst not exactly a vintage selection this year, the BBC still shits all over ITV.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No Marx Bros films or Phil Silvers Show. Lucky I have them all on tape. Christmas Eve it will be A day at the Races and a few scotch and Americans .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always remember that the Beeb used to play a series of films by an act or actor at Christmas, I recall they once showed 4 of the Marx brothers films one year, it made my Christmas. Maybe they should consider it again. 4-5 classic Jack Nicholson,Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Orson Welles films could be brilliant at crimbo

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I always remember that the Beeb used to play a series of films by an act or actor at Christmas, I recall they once showed 4 of the Marx brothers films one year, it made my Christmas. Maybe they should consider it again. 4-5 classic Jack Nicholson,Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Orson Welles films could be brilliant at crimbo

They used to put a laurel and hardy on everyday over the xmas period.
Two years ago we decided to have no TV on over the 3 days unless its a classic Christmas movie otherwise we talk, laugh, play some games or go out to the beach/country pub.
Our Christmases have improved no end.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Just as well it's not all live TV these days.

I will watch Would I Lie to You at a push. David Mitchell makes me laugh.

And Cuckoo is quite funny.

I'll definitely watch Black Mirror.

That is all.

Cuckoo is an under rated little show. Andy Samburg is a class act and a big score for the BBC, the first series was excellent, it amazes me that a cast of that quality went under the radar. The episode when him and greg Davies got pilled up was brilliant.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Miranda is the only female I would punch in the face.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can't stand Charlie Brookers brand of smug writing so black mirror holds no thrill for Nibble. Usually at Christmas if you poke around after about 11 they have some good films on. Apart from a film here and there and the Vikings box set I very much doubt programmed telly will even be switched on over Christmas.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports